What do you do for a living? (stolen from the Chanel forum)

This is a great thread! I really love reading about everyone and what they do.

I am a litigation/probate paralegal for a law firm that specializes in personal injury and medical malpractice. I've been a paralegal for 15 years and at this point I have no plans for a career change. The nice thing about being in law is that you can change up your practice area and it's like changing your career in a way. I'm married with no plans of having children, but I have one cat (Powder); two gerbils (Laverne & Shirley); a Cichlid fish (Jobu); many outside squirrels (I love my squirrels and they eat right from my hand so they're like pets); and two stray cats I feed outside (Peaches and Dexter). I also volunteer for a no-kill cat rescue and placement center.

I retired after serving 18 years on a police department - 4 in patrol, 14 as a sergeant. I now work 4-12 in Security at a Philadelphia Main Line College. I have a BS in Criminal Justice (West Chester Univrsity) & a Masters in Public Administration (Villanova). I sell on ebay under another ID. I am always looking for a different job but I do love where I am - just not 4-12 shift.

No kids, 3 Labs and a hubby.

Hey ladies! My husband is in the Air Force! We are at Eielson (AK) and he is a weapons guy on the A10. He is crosstraning over into ATC though :yes:
I know this is sooo off topic, but I wanted so bad to get stationed in AK, but we got stuck with Idaho:sweatdrop: . It's nice to feel the military love here!

I guess to put it is simple terms, that I am a Marine Biologist/audiologist. I worked in an aquarium for several years and am now working on my masters in animal bioacoustics. Basically I am studying how noise affects whale/dolphin hearing.

This is so cool. I would have loved to go into Marine Biology. :yes:

And that is *SO* interesting about studying the affects of whale/dolphin hearing.

Now THAT is an interseting career! WOW pompilit!:wtf:

yeah that job is about a million times cooler than mine :sad:

LOL Thanks ladies. ;) It's definitely a career that keeps me on my toes. Just when I think I've answered all my "students" questions they come back with 10 more that are harder. :noggin: I'm always saying, "Ok, when do you launch again? Cause I need a vacation!" :roflmfao:

I am a 3rd and 4th grade teacher with a masters in Creative Arts in Education. This is my 10th year teaching. Teachers make squat, so it's good that hubby is a rocket scientist ;)
Mommy to my beautiful 3 yo son whose adoption was finally final in September!!

Quote:
I am a Shuttle Systems Instructor, meaning - I train astronauts in a nutshell.
Sweet! I was thinking about you last Friday when Houston was all over the news....

Congratulations on the adoption! That's amazing!! :yahoo:

And about the shooting that happened here at JSC last Friday (which was very tragic and sad :sad: ), you ladies will all get a kick out of this though: My DH and I took that day off and we didn't even know about the shooting until friends of ours from Arizona called to tell us. We were like, HUH, what shooting? Guess where my DH and I were? Yep, we were at the Coach outlet in San Marcos 4 hours away. :roflmfao: Coach shopping baby!

WOW!! Ladies, we actually have alot of diversity going on here!! It seems like in other forum areas where this is done, you could definately start seeing a trend of certain professions, but I have seen some incredibly interesting jobs in this thread!! Keep 'em coming ladies!!

Kudos everyone - but off the top of my head, the Rocket Scientist, Postmaster, Marine Biologist, & all the stay at home Mommies... I am envious of your cool careers!!

It's very cool hearing about all the different things everyone here does. :yes:

I'm in Retail Marketing for the coolest company in the world, Organic Valley! I simply love seeing our local (and countrywide) farmers being paid a living wage all while I take in the view, the onsite massage and chiropractor, hee hee! GREAT benefits.

Prior to this, I was a Passion Parties consultant and belly dance instructor/performer. I'm really liking a regular paycheck these days ;)

I'm mom to 5 kids, 16,13,11,9 and 6 :smile: That's the biggest job of all.

I am a certified medical biller , I do insurance follow up and billing . I do this for alot of hospitals own by this company I work for. I work 7-3 M-F and I love it. I used to bill for Dr offices and I also did billing for dental as well , I love my job now but I miss the face to face communication with patients.

I am a certified medical biller , I do insurance follow up and billing . I do this for alot of hospitals own by this company I work for. I work 7-3 M-F and I love it. I used to bill for Dr offices and I also did billing for dental as well , I love my job now but I miss the face to face communication with patients.

God bless billers. I think half of my office visits my intern year were coded wrong by me :Push:

Having a quiet night so far at the hospital - knock on wood (I'm on my OB rotation right now and am on night float) so I've been enjoying reading what everyone's occupations are! We sure are a diverse group!

And woo-hoo, my thread got five stars! :yahoo:

I'm a dentist. Currently I work part time because I have a toddler and am expecting another baby in September. This is a great profession for women because you get to have both, stay at home with the children and have a career.

I am a registered nurse and work as a supervisor on the 7p-7a shift three days a week and more (overtime funds my purse addiction). I have three children two still at home if you count the one away at college. My daughter is 29, son almost 21, and my baby boy almost 17. I also have two beautiful grandchildren Haley 7 and Ethan 3.

Janfill, where are you a nurse? In the evil empire (aka UPMC)?