What Do You Carry On The Plane In Your Hermes Carry-on?

I just carry little sealed enveloppe samples of face and eye creme tucked into the Birkin's zipper compartment.

Have you tried this since the restrictions went into effect? I was considering placing a couple of handlotion envelopes in my wallet but I didn't know if they were checking for this. I have tons of these samples.

I just realized, I didn't answer the original question despite posting three times here. I used to carry all of my cosmetics but since I cannot do that anymore I think my bag will be really light.

For an overseas trip I would probably take:

GM zip agenda with a blank refill in place of my wallet and notebook
Pen
Small cosmetic case with comb, brush, compact, chapstick, mirror, blotting papers, shout wipe, band aid and powder mascara.
Coin purse
I-pod
Book
Magazine
Sunglasses
Mints
small umbrella
small bag of almonds
my small jewelry case
two scarves (I don't trust them in my checked luggage, I have a silk pouch to put them in)
Pashmina

I think I am going to start traveling with my new Garden Party. I think this is the perfect tote, it holds a ton and looks great.

Now, if I can get away with it, I will also carry a Pliage tote as well with my Kelly placed inside.

I had both my glosses and the stick lipsticks taken away (or rather, tucked into my check-in baggage at check-in). I think it must just depend on who's checking / frisking you. I did take on some pencil lipliner and eyeliner, and some blotting papers, so at least that's something.

^ That will be my "strategy" on my next international flight...I have saved eyeliner and lipliner pencil "stubs" for travel... I also "lost" my lipstick and chapstick on a recent flight... A bit of a PINTA...was pretty "pale" at my meeting later in the day...

Within the US you can carry chapstick and lipsticks. Just no glosses etc.. I hate checking my bags so I replaced my foundation with mineral foundation and use cake mascara instead. I travel with the sample packets of moisturizer just in case they are confiscated. I buy toothpaste (.89c at Target) when I get there.

you guys really came through. thank you..still confused..hate the idea of no roller luggage on the really long hauls...i'm sorry twenty hours in transit with only a birkin is so out of the question for me.
i have a great gerard darell bag i bought in paris last year it looks like a big purse but is sort of carry-on size...im leaving birkins at home and sticking my ramona in that with my other stuff....well, a paired down version of my other stuff. a very, very paired down version of my other stuff....
meanwhile, they still don't check the cargo on all flights...
so, they take your juicy tubes but let everything in the hold go unchecked.....
go figure.....

In my former life, I flew with Qantas.......lemmie tell ya - NEVER check anything remotely fragile or precious to you.......those baggage handlers are ROUGH, and if you saw the machine that sorts the bags once they're checked, you would probably not even send a bag of dirty knickers down the ramp!!

The cosmetic counters at the airports must be doing a roaring trade with all these restrictions, and ladies arriving bare-faced!!:lol:

That first day when the BA restrictions were enforced, the BBC reported that BA lost 10,000 bags!!! So, yes, I think I'd prefer to keep as many of my precious belongings with me on the plane.

traceyd, I think the bags checked in actually do go through an x-ray screening, so at least that's something. :s

The BBC reported that the baggage restrictions will likely be lifted "soon" and there will be an announcement of some sort on Monday. Hmm, maybe my birkin *can* go to Asia with me...

There was a great article in the NYtimes about all sorts of beauty products that are ok under the restrictions. I'll see if I can dig it up.

I'm flying this Saturday to the US and I would like to take my 30cm Birkin along ... I hope my stuff fits, otherwise, I need to bring my really beat up backpack:

- laptop (gosh, I hate carrying my laptop but since it's a business trip, I need to bring it!)
- notebook
- GM agenda
- pen
- wallet
- Prada nylon pouch with passport, tickets, etc.
- lipstick, lipgloss, and hopefully, a pair of disposable contact lenses
- eye glasses when I remove my lenses
- extra underwear
- mobile phone
- magazine
- IPod

Lelgin, Cake mascara! I remember those they had them in the 70s!!!That's Brilliant! It's like in the world of high tech we have to revert to low tech to get by! :graucho: :P
Within the US you can carry chapstick and lipsticks. Just no glosses etc.. I hate checking my bags so I replaced my foundation with mineral foundation and use cake mascara instead. I travel with the sample packets of moisturizer just in case they are confiscated. I buy toothpaste (.89c at Target) when I get there.

tried the pliage large at Saks today and happened to be carrying my her bag with the long strap on and I tried it inside the large size (not custom) and it fit perfectly and amusingly the long strap could be arranged to come out through the top of the pliage so that you could carry it messager style using the Hermes strap attached to the her bag inside - the black with the tan flap looked really good with it.