What do you assume?

This is all too true! There are days that I just don't care what I pull out of the closet and end up walking out the front door in my ratty high school hoodie from 12 years back, a cami, jeans rolled into shorts, flipflops - make up is a bonus if I get around to it - and to top it off I grab one of my LVs because I need a purse and it's too much of a hassle to change bags. On the same note I've seen some guys who could pass as near-homeless turn around and hop into a Porsche. Those of us who love and wear luxury goods don't always look the part...we're luxury ninjas:biggrin:

Exactly :biggrin: I often wear a whole outfit from H&M, skinny Jeans and a shirt for example and a no name bag and a pair of Louboutins... I bet, if I get 1€ every time someone thinks ' ahh...fake Loubs', I could buy new Louboutins every week :biggrin:

Exactly :biggrin: I often wear a whole outfit from H&M, skinny Jeans and a shirt for example and a no name bag and a pair of Louboutins... I bet, if I get 1€ every time someone thinks ' ahh...fake Loubs', I could buy new Louboutins every week :biggrin:
It's just too much of an effort to care what other people think. Heck, if I did then I'd be neurotic by the end of the day.

It's just too much of an effort to care what other people think. Heck, if I did then I'd be neurotic by the end of the day.

Absolutely true. I don't care what others might think. I know my shoes are real and that's all that matters. I wear them, because I love them, not to impress other people. That's why it doesn't bother me if someone thinks they're fake. I don't care that a lot of people think that most LVs you see are fakes. I still love to get an LV bag someday :heart:

Reactions: Born4thjuly
This is all too true! There are days that I just don't care what I pull out of the closet and end up walking out the front door in my ratty high school hoodie from 12 years back, a cami, jeans rolled into shorts, flipflops - make up is a bonus if I get around to it - and to top it off I grab one of my LVs because I need a purse and it's too much of a hassle to change bags. On the same note I've seen some guys who could pass as near-homeless turn around and hop into a Porsche. Those of us who love and wear luxury goods don't always look the part...we're luxury ninjas:biggrin:
This is so me! I mean there has been times when I go into a LV boutique with a hoodie and yogas on and people look at me like I'm crazy until they hear my SA address me by name and bring me my items

This is so me! I mean there has been times when I go into a LV boutique with a hoodie and yogas on and people look at me like I'm crazy until they hear my SA address me by name and bring me my items
Same here, I've gone into the store looking like that before to visit my SA and purchased an SLG as if it were a coffee. As the old saying goes you can't judge a book buy its cover.

"Luxury ninjas," I love it! :biggrin:

What someone is wearing doesn't make me assume anything about their bag. I dress very casually, and wear a lot of J Crew and Vince. There are a lot of women around my area wearing yoga pants and UGGs, and wearing Neverfulls or more expensive LV bags. The two most wealthy women I know carry Kate Spade bags. So I don't tie the two together in my mind.

Honestly, I like the look of a t-shirt, jeans, and a luxury bag. Maybe a nice watch and well-made shoes, too. Unless a very special event is taking place, head to toe luxury labeling is not for me at all.

I saw some people in my local LV the other night that killed me... husband and wife, both had mono logo shoes, mono logo belts with LV buckles, both had mono bags, both had mono bracelets, both had mono Apple watch straps (Etsy I guess?), he had his car key chain hanging out of his pocket (more mono), and she had a mono bag charm and a bandeau tied off of her bag. They were both holding iPhones in mono cases.

It was not a good look.

Like the other posters, I always assume it's real unless it's an blatant fake. I noticed that men seems to assume designer items are fake. Or maybe just the men at my work? Lol I only work with guys and we were talking about bags and they all thought my LV that I carry to work everyday was a fake.

Like the other posters, I always assume it's real unless it's an blatant fake. I noticed that men seems to assume designer items are fake. Or maybe just the men at my work? Lol I only work with guys and we were talking about bags and they all thought my LV that I carry to work everyday was a fake.
Lol no my fiancé is the same way, he says he generally assumes that the designer bags he sees are fake, he is a very skeptical person though. He always says that there's just as many fake bags as there are real. He said his reasoning is "how does this many people want to spend $2,000+ on bags" he personally doesn't care if a bag is real or fake though, he just doesn't realize that there's a lot of people out there like me that LOVES designer bags, he thinks I'm crazy

I saw some people in my local LV the other night that killed me... husband and wife, both had mono logo shoes, mono logo belts with LV buckles, both had mono bags, both had mono bracelets, both had mono Apple watch straps (Etsy I guess?), he had his car key chain hanging out of his pocket (more mono), and she had a mono bag charm and a bandeau tied off of her bag. They were both holding iPhones in mono cases.

It was not a good look.
Yikes