What do you all think--should I return my classic Jumbo to the store, or ebay it??

I'd return it also. What if some crackpot does a chargeback? If they claim not as described, they may get to keep the bag and get back the money. Paypal does not cover sellers for not as described with a chargeback. I found this out the hard way. (BTW - my item was as described, I had proof, but of course her cc company sided with her)

I don't understand how they get to keep the bag AND get back the money. Why does this happen? If you are out the money you should at least get your bag back. I was actually having a conversation about this very thing (chargebacks on high end designer bags) the other day with a business woman who insisted the bag would have to be sent back to the seller... that the buyer can't keep the bag and the money. Yet it happens all the time.:confused1:

I don't understand how they get to keep the bag AND get back the money. Why does this happen? If you are out the money you should at least get your bag back. I was actually having a conversation about this very thing (chargebacks on high end designer bags) the other day with a business woman who insisted the bag would have to be sent back to the seller... that the buyer can't keep the bag and the money. Yet it happens all the time.:confused1:

Roey, this is a good question. I hear that all the time too, that a charge back is done, and the buyer get's the money back and keeps the bag, I also don't get how this can happen. Maybe someone here can explain exactly what happens, when a charge back occurs.

I would definitely return to Saks., hey, any chance to go back to Saks and drool is a good one for me....ROFL, tried to sell one thing on Ebay one time and it was the most frustrating experience., would not attempt it again....on the other hand.....bought from Ebay and got scammed 5 times...for a lot of money, gave one negative and all hell broke loose...ROFL., I have to stay at Saks, Nm, BG, etc....I am not Ebay material....:heart:H

Roey, this is a good question. I hear that all the time too, that a charge back is done, and the buyer get's the money back and keeps the bag, I also don't get how this can happen. Maybe someone here can explain exactly what happens, when a charge back occurs.

From my experience selling on ebay, and hanging around in the Ebay subforum here, it seems as though a lot of credit card companies are quite good about issuing chargebacks for their cardholders, and do it with no evidence of return required in a staggering number of situations. This seems to only be the case where paypal is involved in the transaction though, as it would be unheard of for a brick and mortar store to receive a chargeback which was granted to the buyer of an item that didn't return said item. Paypal is notorious for not going to bat for the seller in the case of a chargeback and herein lies the problem. The seller of the item has no recourse to dispute the charge in this type of situation as they are not dealing with the credit card company directly. Paypal, in it's effort to avoid more work and more aggravation, just rolls over and accepts it (hey, it's not their money, who cares?) :cursing: For the sickening fees sellers who use paypal are charged, it's disgusting that they can't be bothered to do more for the seller in a case where they are clearly being ripped off by a scamming buyer whose sole intention was to get something for nothing.

(Sorry, rant over. :shame:smile: