Chanel 22 bag Club!

Eeshk! Loving all the pics! I’ve liked the 22 after seeing it irl last season, but all the negative reviews about the peeling have stopped me in my tracks with adding it to my collection. But I really like the idgaf yet I’m using Chanel look so what I’m trying to say is, it’s refreshing reading everyone’s post and knowing the bags might not be as bad as it seems on the YouTube videos I’ve been trying to find some positive reviews about the 22 to re-convince me I need it in my collection and this thread helped! My SA got me one during my visit the other day, but given I was still hesitant, I passed on it and wanted to think some more, regretted it a day later and asked her to get me one again hope I’ll be sharing pics of mine soon! Question about the sizing, are your bags small or medium?
Mine is a small. I don’t carry much and I feel like the size is less causal and more suitable than medium for work. I do like the look of medium as well.

C412F1FC-3623-4332-BEE3-A237D8EB2387.jpeg

Eeshk! Loving all the pics! I’ve liked the 22 after seeing it irl last season, but all the negative reviews about the peeling have stopped me in my tracks with adding it to my collection. But I really like the idgaf yet I’m using Chanel look so what I’m trying to say is, it’s refreshing reading everyone’s post and knowing the bags might not be as bad as it seems on the YouTube videos I’ve been trying to find some positive reviews about the 22 to re-convince me I need it in my collection and this thread helped! My SA got me one during my visit the other day, but given I was still hesitant, I passed on it and wanted to think some more, regretted it a day later and asked her to get me one again hope I’ll be sharing pics of mine soon! Question about the sizing, are your bags small or medium?
Hi Nessa, i have the medium in black and back in April I tried the medium pinks in the boutique (they look very square because they had the tissue papers inside), also sharing pics for reference:

1EA60E82-74B0-421E-8B94-8E4B082C3545.jpeg

554A4E68-9472-4556-8532-CD29B242DB1F.jpeg

920C2F91-70E9-4B6B-A849-F372074F05C6.jpeg

02036E68-CA84-411D-AA7A-BCB3052B8FDB.jpeg

E97F5753-6BFF-492A-A45A-747C8A5573FB.jpeg

Just got this now and been wearing it since this afternoon, o a good few hours… I literally wore it out of the store lol
Black leather with silver hardware from 22B
No issues here to report and I didn’t baby it at all

The leather is rich, very sturdy yet very soft to touch and I love the brushed silver hardware which gives it the alternative look

Will be reporting in a few days

But so far I love it

View attachment 5573472
Twinning!!!

I had the mustard yellow one from 22A, but I had to send it back as it was peeling just fresh out the box, never even wear it once .... Super super sad but I guess it's not a thing to keep a bag this price just to never use it and watch it getting worst with time ...

I ordered the Denim one for 23P, finger crossed its gonna be good, I love this bag so much, so easy going !

I put my 14 inch laptop on my small Chanel 22 .

First, it fits! (And my laptop wouldn’t fit my bulkier looking Saint Laurent Sac de Jour).

Second, the weight was still comfortable to carry even if I stuffed it along with makeup pouch, wallet, eyeglass holder etc.

When I returned back home I inspected the bag carefully and all is well. To be clear, it wasn’t overly stressed as I wasn’t walking too long.

Still I’m happy!

And the style is casual chic. First time I felt comfy walking along the streets and mall errand in a Chanel.

So an update as promised…Have been using this bag 3 days straight now (full working days) and no issues so far

I carry it to work and also have been carrying it without babying it.

Have also fitted my iPad Pro inside so definitely testing it with weight and carrying all my daily essentials

So far no scratches and also some rain did hit on it unexpectedly and I didn’t have umbrella and I wiped off the water immediately once inside …. the shine in the leather repelled the rain and no issues

So all in all still only love and no hate on this bag from me

D68E97EB-D490-43B7-9049-E1399F903D83.jpeg

85B57349-60E4-476F-B1A7-6E77D1FE0916.jpeg

So an update as promised…Have been using this bag 3 days straight now (full working days) and no issues so far

I carry it to work and also have been carrying it without babying it.

Have also fitted my iPad Pro inside so definitely testing it with weight and carrying all my daily essentials

So far no scratches and also some rain did hit on it unexpectedly and I didn’t have umbrella and I wiped off the water immediately once inside …. the shine in the leather repelled the rain and no issues

So all in all still only love and no hate on this bag from me

View attachment 5575965

View attachment 5575966
Thanks for reporting back! I think a lot of us are waiting to see if the new batch of leather / 22 bags this season have the peeling issue. Definitely sounds like you've carried enough to give it some weight and it has held up!

Really hoping that ppl who had the peeling issue where the chain loops into the top of the bag were one offs, and seems to mainly be on colored / metallic finishes. And, that Chanel will allow a refund on these.

So I took a risk on this “gorgeous so called pink garbage bag” . I just couldn’t pass up the color specially carrying my garbage around I felt safe cuz no one would steal it ha ha.
Happy to report; after using it for good 4-5 hour usage per week for couple of weeks ( mall, library, grocery shopping, park) So far so good.
Last pic was taken today to show no peeling, no cracks, no paint chipping. Maybe I got lucky with a good one. I will continue to use her more and will report back if it helps others. I think bag has nothing to do with colored or Metallics it’s just there are good ones and defects ones. When it comes to Chanel just throw your dice and wish for some luck.

6E91FADF-188D-4A32-83EB-60D5BE92A66B.jpeg

6CFDAE7A-2D4F-4285-92EF-79C33441F077.jpeg

I purchase the metallic navy in Small, now tempted to purchase a medium in Grey so I can use it as an actual work bag to lug around my laptop. Haha this can be a dangerous addiction…
Haha I have the metallic navy in small as well... and I love this season's light grey too. XD If you end up getting one in medium, please share photos. ;)