Chanel 22 bag Club!

I actually really like the bag. Have liked it since they introduced it on the runway but can’t pinpoint why and was surprised that they branded it as a new ‚classic‘

I have it as a backback and love that you can wear it in three ways: top handle, on one shoulder and as a backpack. It’s easy to use.

I also have the rubbing issue in one of the four holes but cannot see it without the flashlight of my phone. It happened immediately on the first day and hasn‘t gotten worse since. If it does I’ll rely on the warranty and hope for the best. Something about the bag just spoke to me.

I treat it as a fashion piece though and didn’t come for the quality as sad as it sounds.

View attachment 5572680
This bag suits you so well! As others said You nailed it on styling it. I’m loving this style as well as the shoulder one! I want to add like 10 of them lol but waiting for another season or so to pass by.

Reactions: Nessa_T and BUIGOVA
Hi everyone! I have quietly read through the comments on this site for years and this is my first time posting. I love the 22 and got it in small, caramel brown last month. It is my 3rd Chanel bag (I have a black CF mini and a “panda” colored large Deauville from 22S). I love the 22 because it can carry all I need for the day, and has a casual laid back look similar to that of bucket bags. I have been concerned about quality after reading the comments here and watching YouTube videos, but have not had any major issues with mine after one month of daily use (very small minor scratches in two holes likely from the chain carrying the weight of the bag, but not visible unless you shine a bright light on it). I bought a Samorga organizer for it and it helps with the shape and keeping my belongings organized. I also keep the bag tightly cinched and worry that the cinching might contribute to the leather peeling but have not seen any of that. Nonetheless I will continue to watch out. I do love the casual look of this bag, and it’s my “grab and go” for daily needs.

AA3C7DDF-7E15-448E-80B0-82699A780A83.jpeg

You are lucky to have your hands on the BP. It’s not that easy to find.... I like the 22 backpack style for the three ways you can wear it. You are rocking your backpack Kuschelnudde...

Wow didn’t know that! There were a few but I bought it at Rue Cambon so they even had minis ;)

Had a look at the one with ruthenium hardware and it also looked excellent. Love this bag.

Reactions: BUIGOVA
Wow didn’t know that! There were a few but I bought it at Rue Cambon so they even had minis ;)

Had a look at the one with ruthenium hardware and it also looked excellent. Love this bag.

Lucky you to have been at Rue Cambon.... I have been to Paris a few times, and I have not made it there yet.... Where I am, the store had ordered only a couple of 22 backpacks... by the time I inquired they had been sold, which was unfortunate because I wanted to see it and try it on.... my SA said the backpack is rarer than the hobo bag...

I have two questions about the backpack:

(1). Can you wear the backpack in reverse, in a way that you can hide the letters? You know, for those moments you want to be plain and under the radar....

(2). Does a backpack with ruthenium hardware exist? If yes, what color is the leather?

Please do forgive me for peppering you with questions....

Reactions: Kuschelnudde
Lucky you to have been at Rue Cambon.... I have been to Paris a few times, and I have not made it there yet.... Where I am, the store had ordered only a couple of 22 backpacks... by the time I inquired they had been sold, which was unfortunate because I wanted to see it and try it on.... my SA said the backpack is rarer than the hobo bag...

I have two questions about the backpack:

(1). Can you wear the backpack in reverse, in a way that you can hide the letters? You know, for those moments you want to be plain and under the radar....

(2). Does a backpack with ruthenium hardware exist? If yes, what color is the leather?

Please do forgive me for peppering you with questions....
Interesting to know! Thanks for sharing! Hope you’ll make it to Cambon one day.

You’re very welcome to ask about it!
Yes you could technically turn the backpack around without any trouble. I’m not sure about the ruthenium but since the Hobo now comes in ruthenium the backpack should do so too. I have seen it with white letters though.

Reactions: BUIGOVA
Hi everyone! I have quietly read through the comments on this site for years and this is my first time posting. I love the 22 and got it in small, caramel brown last month. It is my 3rd Chanel bag (I have a black CF mini and a “panda” colored large Deauville from 22S). I love the 22 because it can carry all I need for the day, and has a casual laid back look similar to that of bucket bags. I have been concerned about quality after reading the comments here and watching YouTube videos, but have not had any major issues with mine after one month of daily use (very small minor scratches in two holes likely from the chain carrying the weight of the bag, but not visible unless you shine a bright light on it). I bought a Samorga organizer for it and it helps with the shape and keeping my belongings organized. I also keep the bag tightly cinched and worry that the cinching might contribute to the leather peeling but have not seen any of that. Nonetheless I will continue to watch out. I do love the casual look of this bag, and it’s my “grab and go” for daily needs.

View attachment 5572767
Welcome! I’m so glad you mentioned samorga and it’s exactly what I need! I carry only a card holder, a car fob, and my phone, and the bag looks empty without the paper tissue that it came with… Enjoy your 22!

Reactions: mgall and BUIGOVA
Just got this now and been wearing it since this afternoon, o a good few hours… I literally wore it out of the store lol
Black leather with silver hardware from 22B
No issues here to report and I didn’t baby it at all

The leather is rich, very sturdy yet very soft to touch and I love the brushed silver hardware which gives it the alternative look

Will be reporting in a few days

But so far I love it

916F778A-9CD1-4BC6-88F4-B0B76E8FE86C.jpeg

Last edited:
Just got this now and been wearing it since this afternoon, o a good few hours… I literally wore it out of the store lol
Black leather with silver hardware from 22B
No issues here to report and I didn’t baby it at all

The leather is rich, very sturdy yet very soft to touch and I love the brushed silver hardware which gives it the alternative look

Will be reporting in a few days

But so far I love it

View attachment 5573472
Drooling ….

Eeshk! Loving all the pics! I’ve liked the 22 after seeing it irl last season, but all the negative reviews about the peeling have stopped me in my tracks with adding it to my collection. But I really like the idgaf yet I’m using Chanel look so what I’m trying to say is, it’s refreshing reading everyone’s post and knowing the bags might not be as bad as it seems on the YouTube videos I’ve been trying to find some positive reviews about the 22 to re-convince me I need it in my collection and this thread helped! My SA got me one during my visit the other day, but given I was still hesitant, I passed on it and wanted to think some more, regretted it a day later and asked her to get me one again hope I’ll be sharing pics of mine soon! Question about the sizing, are your bags small or medium?