What do we think about bidding on items with reused pics...

for bags and items that have any variation and for which such variation makes a difference (such as handbags), i don't like it and will ask the seller to send me pictures of the bag he/she is selling. if he/shes refuses, i don't bid. period. for generic items, i don't care.

We re-use pictures as well. It takes way too much time to take pics of each bag. If someone messages us and ask for a couple pics of the bag we will provide them. However, we do point out our feedback and return policy and hope that helps the potential client decide.

I bought a pair of Gucci's awhile back, the seller was selling a size 91/2 and a size 7, I bought the 91/2. The listing pics were of the 7's. When I finally received the shoes they were defective and looked nothing like the 7's! This defect made the shoes unwearable.:sad: Now had the pics been of the size 91/2's I would not have bought the shoes at all, I was so disappointed. So from now on I'd only buy an item that is the one that's picutured in the listing. I had to send them all the way back to Italy from the US, huge PITA!

I don't mind reused pics if I'm bidding on new items from business sellers. I wouldn't bid on used items (especially expensive items) without pictures of the actual item.

How many sellers on ebay use the "stock" photos from the company to sell their items? Way too many of them. And a lot of them are huge Powersellers.

I've sold more than one of the same bag. If they look identical why shoot them again? It takes a lot of time to shoot good images of handbags. The only time I will shoot new images is for bags with holograms, like Chanel, LV, Gucci, etc. If I have to shoot the authentication cards/holograms might as well shoot the bag again. LAMB, Botkier, Biasia? All images can be recycled. Everyone wants to pay less for items on eBay yet expect "more" than what stores give you for full retail! Most sites that sell handbags at full retail provide one photo.....and it's not of the bag you are purchasing!