What do to? Ukita vs lil Ukita? Thoughts and pictures

Vidalila

Feb 26, 2014
Hi ladies! So after ten years I finally got what I thought was my dreambags, a Balenciaga classic city and a Chanel double flap. However, I use neither. I find the strap on Balenciaga very short and unwearable and the Chanel is just not me . I feel like an old lady and is afraid to use it since it might get stolen, and I'm really more into a boho look. So I just sold my bags, and my eye is fixed on the Ukita. I have had a Petal to the metal Natascha bag before, but got tired of the birds.

I just love the look of the Ukita,and with my two little kids I feel like its a bag I can use on everyday basis and not have to be afraid they will stain it or put their toys in.

But I cant decide on the size! I'm quite short, 160 cm and a size 36 in european sizes. I want it to be big, but not too big.

Any advise? Do anyone have pictures of them wearing the bag (both lil and org ukita) or even better, a side by side picture? I have googled forever.

Thank you!

I only have the original size Ukita, I am about the same size as you and it doesn't look big on me. I can carry all my essentials with some room to spare. Mind you I don't carry a lot with me, just my ZC, coin purse, sunnies and my reading glasses. I find the the little Ukita way too small. I don't have the little Ukita so I can't take comparison pic for you. HTH

Thank you so much for your reply! I think it's hard to choose beacuse on some pictures the little ukita looks very big, and on some it looks like a smaller handbag. Would you mind posting a picture ofcourse wearing the bag, if you have one and it's not too much work.

How would you compare the Natscha size and the ukita?

It's roomy enough for me, maybe because I don't carry a lot in my bag :biggrin: I normally have a paperback, tissues, phone, wallet , pen and lip balm(s) in it.
:okay:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 860
None! Domedags I feel that the Lil one is enough, but then I see a picture of it and it looks really small, Then on another picture the classic looks like some kind of travel luggage... I'm going nuts here. So I have only decided to wait for two weeks when I am off to NY for a shopping Spree, then I will go to the closest possible store and try them on!

I stopped by the Marc by Marc shop the other day to order a pair of sunnies and saw this bag. Maybe you might consider it.
vo0t9d.jpg

It's called the moto hobo bag and comes in black, light grey, and red. I'm thinking of getting it for my mom because she also likes hobo styles and likes carrying her bags slung on her arms/elbow. The size of this bag is also in the medium side but it's spacious enough for your everyday needs. The leather is also thick and has a smooth washed feel to it which compliments the edgy look of the bag.
Interior
35buy4y.jpg

I have a lil ukita and like it--I'm 5'7. Although if I was out with my 3 kids I would probably want something a little roomier for things. I've seen a regular ukita and feel its almost too big (for me). I have the same problems with the hillier. I have a huge hillier and a regular, and feel like the regular is just a tad too small, but yet the huge is too big. lol But then again, I'm not a big BIG bag person, but want something just right. HTH! Good luck :smile: