What do I leave as feedback?

limom

O.G.
Mar 24, 2009
I just received a pair of boots today and I am truly shocked by what I got.
The seller just mailed the box with no protection at all. She just closed it with tape and send it to me. With my luck it rained and guess what?
It is now Papier mâché.
I feel like saying some thing in a nice way. What feedback should I leave.
We are talking about $250 frye boots here.
I don't want to hurt the seller reputation however she needs to know this sucks!

I just received a pair of boots today and I am truly shocked by what I got.
The seller just mailed the box with no protection at all. She just closed it with tape and send it to me. With my luck it rained and guess what?
It is now Papier mâché.
I feel like saying some thing in a nice way. What feedback should I leave.
We are talking about $250 frye boots here.
I don't want to hurt the seller reputation however she needs to know this sucks!

I would message her and tell her how disappointed you are. The same thing happened to me over the summer. I ordered some really nice leather sandals, to take on vacation with me. Turned out the seller was drop shipping and they went somewhere else. By the time they got to my doorstep, I was already in FL. So they sat in the rain until I was able to send my mother-in-law to get them. The box was wrecked and the sandals had to be dried out.

I messaged the seller, who apologized profusely, and gave me a 20% discount. He made it right, and for that I gave him positive feedback. I wrote something along the lines of, "responsive, aims to please, thank you."

I agree. I would message the seller and either not leave feedback or think about what you paid for shipping and how she protected the item when she shipped and leave the appropriate star.

I don't mind overpaying for shipping if I get an item in the right size box/envelope, stuffed and bagged in plastic or tyvek.

I hope your boots are alright.. Mixedbag is right.. You should email the seller to let her know that because she didn't send them in the correct packaging, your boots could have been (or was) destroyed.
When I bought shoes from eBay, the seller did not send me the box, but wrapped the shoes up in bubble wrap and then in the plastic envelope. They were not damaged when they arrived and the plastic protected it from rain.
In your email, ask her how she can rectify it. If she doesn't cooperate, maybe you should file a claim on PayPal if the shoes are badly damaged..

The seller needs to know... what she does about it is another story...if your boots

were damaged enough that you are not going to wear them or perhaps will have

to take them to the shoemaker for repair, seller needs to know that , too..

give her the opportunity to make the situation right... if not YOU should leave

neutral feedback with regard to how the item was packed... nobody wants to

buy something & have it carelessly packed for shipping...and you could also

just file a SNAD...

The seller needs to know... what she does about it is another story...if your boots

were damaged enough that you are not going to wear them or perhaps will have

to take them to the shoemaker for repair, seller needs to know that , too..

give her the opportunity to make the situation right... if not YOU should leave

neutral feedback with regard to how the item was packed... nobody wants to

buy something & have it carelessly packed for shipping...and you could also

just file a SNAD...

Thanksfully, the boots are fine. The box is destroyed which bugs me because I like to keep my boxes for storage purpose. In addition, the boots were lose in the box. No paper, no plastic nada!
What is wrong with people??????

Thanksfully, the boots are fine. The box is destroyed which bugs me because I like to keep my boxes for storage purpose. In addition, the boots were lose in the box. No paper, no plastic nada!
What is wrong with people??????
Good that the boots are OK. That was irresponsible of the seller. I got a $1400 B-bag from Italy once sent in a plain (yes, gulp) manila envelope, but the bag was fine.

Good that the boots are OK. That was irresponsible of the seller. I got a $1400 B-bag from Italy once sent in a plain (yes, gulp) manila envelope, but the bag was fine.

I am letting this one goes for today. I don't like to even contact the seller, it seems like I am fishing for a partial refund which is not the case at all.
I am just frustrated.

I received a $1400 bag from overseas one time in an envelope too! Makes me wonder about the thought process.....:biggrin:.

I am letting this one goes for today. I don't like to even contact the seller, it seems like I am fishing for a partial refund which is not the case at all.
I am just frustrated.

OP - Maybe you could still email the seller and begin with "Please understand that I am not asking for a partial refund but wanted you to be aware....." something like that.
Telling her how you feel about the packaging might help relieve the frustration. It does for me. G/L!! I love frye boots as well :P and she really should have done a much better job making sure they arrived safely and securely!

Yes, if you let the seller know about it, maybe they will take extra steps in the future to protect items.
Even if you don't want to return or a partial, still let her know about it.

I am just frustrated.

I think it's important to make the seller aware, if simply so that the seller doesn't make the same mistake again. The next person who this happens to may not be as willing to let it go and might give the negative feedback that you didn't. It doesn't need to be phrased as a complaint, but more as an FYI. In the event that the seller offers a discount, you can always decline, so you don't feel like you were fishing for a discount. :smile:

I am just frustrated.

I am really happy that your boots were OK. However, I think you should let them know that you are unhappy with how they were packed. So they will know for next time. They obviously didn't think about the possibility of rain. Or were they meant to be delivered signed for? In which case, the seller would not be at fault, it would then be the delivery "idiot" who left them sitting there. A $250 sale should be signed for from what I know of the system.

Sending an item with no protection is not good practice. Was the seller inexperienced?

I am really happy that your boots were OK. However, I think you should let them know that you are unhappy with how they were packed. So they will know for next time. They obviously didn't think about the possibility of rain. Or were they meant to be delivered signed for? In which case, the seller would not be at fault, it would then be the delivery "idiot" who left them sitting there. A $250 sale should be signed for from what I know of the system.

Sending an item with no protection is not good practice. Was the seller inexperienced?

I sent a message to the seller this morning. It was not sent with signature. It was just sent DC. I don't think the seller is inexperienced either maybe just casual. I had contact prior to the sales and she seems responsive. (although that means little of course)
Hope she learns as she sells expensive shoes.