What do I leave as feedback?

I sent a message to the seller this morning. It was not sent with signature. It was just sent DC. I don't think the seller is inexperienced either maybe just casual. I had contact prior to the sales and she seems responsive. (although that means little of course)
Hope she learns as she sells expensive shoes.

As a seller, it might not occur to me that a package would be left out in the rain. I package things well but they are not necessarily waterproof. That packages get left at doorsteps is a bit scary IMO but I guess that is up to the courier.

Many sellers are not that hung up on seller protection. Maybe they have never been burned. TPFers have read about too many horror stories so tend to go with the max protection.

In addition, she is one of those sellers who do not leave immediate feedback.
What is up with that?

I would say about half the sellers I deal with wait until I leave fb before they leave me fb. It used to be more in the old days when buyers could leave fb but many still wait. Nothing wrong with that IMO.

As a seller, it might not occur to me that a package would be left out in the rain. I package things well but they are not necessarily waterproof. That packages get left at doorsteps is a bit scary IMO but I guess that is up to the courier.

Many sellers are not that hung up on seller protection. Maybe they have never been burned. TPFers have read about too many horror stories so tend to go with the max protection.

I would say about half the sellers I deal with wait until I leave fb before they leave me fb. It used to be more in the old days when buyers could leave fb but many still wait. Nothing wrong with that IMO.

True, feedback is optional anyway.

I would just send the seller a note to give her a heads up/FYI. The boots are fine so I wouldn't let that influence my feedback.

As a seller, it might not occur to me that a package would be left out in the rain. I package things well but they are not necessarily waterproof. That packages get left at doorsteps is a bit scary IMO but I guess that is up to the courier.... I would say about half the sellers I deal with wait until I leave fb before they leave me fb... Nothing wrong with that IMO.

^^Agreed on all points!

I would just send the seller a note to give her a heads up/FYI. The boots are fine so I wouldn't let that influence my feedback.

^^Agreed on all points!

UPDATE:
the seller just emailed to let me know that it never occurred to her that the package would get wet. She said that where she is from the post person uses a plastic bag!:smile:

UPDATE:
the seller just emailed to let me know that it never occurred to her that the package would get wet. She said that where she is from the post person uses a plastic bag!:smile:

^ well at least you got an answer & explanation....

Yup. Until you stand in someone else's shoes, you have no idea really what they are thinking. It's good that the boots were OK!

since we are on the topic, the packing envelopes from USPS that are made of recycled material often come half fallen apart when they get to me in canada. i mean with the contents hanging out. especially if it rains...

OP its good to hear your boots were not damaged!

I reserve neutral and negative feedback for extreme situations where my seller has been completely negligent or malicious. It sounds to me as if the seller was rather a bird brain but isn't deserving of a neg or neutral. :flowers:

I reserve neutral and negative feedback for extreme situations where my seller has been completely negligent or malicious. It sounds to me as if the seller was rather a bird brain but isn't deserving of a neg or neutral. :flowers:

I have never left a neutral feedback, it is red or green! Red is reserved for counterfeit however if something is wrong I'll write in feedback line.
For this situation, I left Fast shipping, responsive seller.Thank you.
I left 5 stars in all.
The fact that she took the time to answer really calmed me down:lol:

Happened to me just recently! I bought this Christian Louboutin miss boxe python skin from this seller in UK. She wrapped the box with brown paper and that was it! It travelled all the way down to Australia with only brown paper covering the poor shoe box. Lucky it didn't get wet/damage but i would expected the seller to package it better considering it's a long way from London to Sydney. I haven't left seller a feedback, not sure if I should mention about the poor packaging..

The fact that she took the time to answer really calmed me down:lol:

Amazing how a little communication can help smooth things out. I don't get sellers who don't get this.

I haven't left seller a feedback, not sure if I should mention about the poor packaging..

I wouldn't mention it in the feedback. You could send her a message recommending she package her items more securely.

I wouldn't mention it in the feedback. You could send her a message recommending she package her items more securely.

+1. For something like this, I wouldn't leave a negative. I might mention it in the comments only if the seller is non-responsive.

With the exception of my sandal fiasco, in 9 years I've never had to contact a seller with a complaint and I've never left a neg or neutral. OTOH, I have one neg given to me by a seller because I won my Paypal SNAD case (he sold my husband non-working computer speakers). I've been very lucky, I guess.