What Did You Wear To Receive Your Birkin/ Kelly?

Thanks for all the responses! I wish I had included a poll! Looks like most dress casually, and with a big dose of happiness mixed in! Please continue contributing, pictures included, I love all the replies! Keep them coming!

I was a tourist in Barcelona wearing comfortable flats daily. But on that special day, as a walk-in customer, I wore my Chanel heels and Cerf tote, accessorize with Hermes belt and Clic Clac H. Got my Kelly :smile:

I usually go to H when I'm at work so I'm usually in work clothes - a dress, skirt/blouse and my heels. When I was "offered" a bag ( at the time I didn't know I was being offered one), I was wearing a blue dress, my pegase scarf and nude Jimmy Choo pumps. The next day, when I went to pick up the bag ( again, not thinking it was a Birkin), I was wearing a black skirt, cheap black pumps and an Ann Taylor Loft blouse. Other times when I've gone in to pick up smaller items (CDC, wallet etc), I've worn jeans, zara tops, and even sketchers and/clarks. I'm a very lax/casual dresser so when I wear jeans, I consider myself dressed up. I do dress up for work but again, not over the top. I try to look presentable and hope for the best but the day I got offered my B, I was so glad I didn't look like a total slob!

I know this is an old thread, but times have changed. We now have to make appointments to visit the mothership- I definitely treat it more as an event and wear ‘a considered outfit’. It’s a celebration!!!!

Generally, I am wearing work attire as I tend to schedule visits in between work related appointments, but when I picked up my quota bag a couple months ago, I was in slightly elevated casual: jeans, sneakers, an H cardi & carried my Lindy 26

This thread made me giggle.

In my mind’s eye, I am dressed elegantly (imagine a modern day Katherine Hepburn, supremely unbothered and gliding in in a silk shirt and impeccable tailored pants) as I enter the store. In reality, I am usually wearing something absolutely random that I threw on before running out the door, possibly vintage, possibly with mismatched colours, and with my hair in its usual unmanageable glory. And yes, I have walked out with armfuls of my purchases looking more clueless than Clueless. :lol:

In Munich around Aug 2017 I once saw a young lady getting a gold Kelly, dressed up to the nines, wearing a long dress, highheels, obviously came from the hairdresser and a make up artist, she was attended by her friends, who also were dressed to the nines.

If that was a TPF member- you looked FAAAA-BUUUUU-LOUUSSS!

I remember thinking " well, now that's the way to celebrate" while watching her.

I on the other hand wore:

a black coat, a cashmere top, black trousers, a scarf and I can't remember the shoes.

I have been going thru a lot the last years. So when I will get the message about my birkin, I will definitely dress up nice and look good. It just makes me happy. It will be a big day in my life and I really want to celebrate it as it is
In Munich around Aug 2017 I once saw a young lady getting a gold Kelly, dressed up to the nines, wearing a long dress, highheels, obviously came from the hairdresser and a make up artist, she was attended by her friends, who also were dressed to the nines.

If that was a TPF member- you looked FAAAA-BUUUUU-LOUUSSS!

I remember thinking " well, now that's the way to celebrate" while watching her.

I on the other hand wore:

a black coat, a cashmere top, black trousers, a scarf and I can't remember the shoes.

I am definitely celebrating my visits - they should be enjoyable and fun. Dressing for them makes them more special.

I picked up my 1st B in May. I worn a black tank dress under Twillanie Cardigan which my SA has found for me. Dressy Causal i guess.

I always like to wear something my SA found for me when I see them regardless of brand.. to show them I appreciate the items they help me curated. I think they really enjoy seeing their clients enjoying their purhcases :smile:

Reactions: loh and shrpthorn
Hah! Ten years ago, when I got my very first call about the bag, I was so excited that I immediately jumped in my car without even a thought to my outfit, but I sure do remember it now. I was hanging out at my parents’ house wearing a long sleeve tie dye shirt with threadbare cuffs because it was probably 15 years old at that point (and I still wear it now) and a pair of those True Religion jeans with Swarovski crystal buttons. Oof. Those jeans did not age well.

In the many encounters that have followed, I’ve been more thoughtful about my outfits, even if I intend to be casual in J.Crew shorts and a nice shirt.

Colortone Youth & Adult Tie Dye Long Sleeve T-Shirt
1627669048108.jpeg