What designers do you like and what brands will you never buy?

I'm always wearing Lululemon, or TNA - they're both Canadian staples.

I find it very difficult to justify buying cheaper brands, it just seems like the material is lacking and that I would wash it once and have it fall apart !

Time and time again, I go back to Theory -- its quite odd because it isn't that I seek it out. I simply seem to be drawn to it time and time again especially the pants. I also tend to be drawn to Tods for driving loafer (I live in SF and can basically wear them year round minus the rainy month).

I have tried (believe me I have tried) to do J. Crew but honestly, its like wearing my Dad's clothes. I absolutely dislike with ever fiber of my being Calvin Klein (never fits my body type).

And my dirty secret -- I would never buy DKNY in the stores, but at Loehmann's in San Francisco, all of the stuff is marked between $19.99 to $39.99 all the time, and I tend to love the tops - so I stock up (and then sell the stuff after wearing it twice!).

Great thread. Absolutely infatuated with Phillip Lim follwed in a close second by Paul & Joe. So amazing! I could go on forever about these two designers. Although shockingly, their handbag collections leave much to be desired. Let's just stick to clothes. (Phillip, I'm looking at you. )

Never ever in a million years with the Juicy couture. Horrible quality, horrible lifestyle message, and two horrible role models at the helm. Waiting for them to fade into obscurity......

favs: michael kors (all!), Celine, Strenesse, Narciso Rodriguez, jil sander (some bits), chanel (although don't own any yet....buhu), some Armani, bottega veneta this season

nope: Versace, Prada, calvin klein, a lot of Marc jacobs (over-priced for a lot of bad quality)

Designer I like are:
Burberry, Juicy, Rock & Republic/7/TR/Joes for jeans are my favorite, Chloe, Louis Vuitton,Chanel,Gucci, Marc Jacobs, Stella M, Dior

Designer I dislike are:
Some Versace, D&G because they are too OUT there for me. Pucci, Ugg...

I absolutely love Marc Jacobs, Marc by Marc, Rebecca Taylor, Theory, and BCBG. And... in the future when I'm making loads of money, I'd love a wardrobe full of Chanel and Louis Vuitton LOL!

The one brand I ALWAYS stay away from is Old Navy... I've bought a few of their things in the past and what can I say? My first pair of jeans from them bled onto everything else in the laundry load (ugh!) and a sweater noticeably faded after just one wash!

Like:
D&G, Dolce & Gabbana - excellent fitting clothes, can be super sexy or demure.. and their suits are perfect for work.. wearing them makes me feel like a million bucks!
Celine - great quality clothes, especially their cashmere. Adorable bags. Wish they weren't that expensive so I could get more
Rock & Republic - the only jeans I wear. Although I'm slowly losing interest in them since they've started popping up at discount stores..
Theory - great fitting pants for work
So Low - love their jersey skirts

Ones that don't work for me:
Marc Jacobs.. too odd for me
Juicy - they scream teenybopper to me, but somehow I keep buying their stuff.. :noggin:
f21, sirens, h&m, all that stuff.. blah

i love- True Religion, Milly, Anna Sui, D&G, M Missoni, Robert Rodriguez, Rebecca Taylor, Betsey Johnson.

i don't like- Marc by Marc Jacobs, T-bags, Vince, Tocca, LaRock, BCBG.