What designers do you like and what brands will you never buy?

I like: Michael Kors, Carolina Herrera, Oscar de la Renta, Valentino, Chanel, Gucci, Vince, Autumn Cashmere, Derek Lam, Philip Lim
I don't like: Guess, Tommy Hilfiger and basically anything to flashy or uncomfortable

All I really care about it fit and decent quality. I tend to go for midrange brands since I won't pay designer prices and find the pieces last.

Trina Turk's pieces fit me well. For chain stores I like Ann Taylor tops and Forth and Towne skirts. I also buy a lot of Nordstrom's house brands (i.e., Halogen, Classiques Entier, etc.).

My personal pet peeve is how the materials being used keep getting cheaper and cheaper. A top that was $50 five years ago would be $150+ today. Even many expensive brands at high-end department stores and boutiques have horrible materials and workmanship.

My favorites are:

Chanel
Yves Saint Laurent
Balenciaga
Lanvin
Rodarte
Dior
Roberto Cavalli
Alexander Wang (I want to marry him and lock him in my house forever so he can just make me clothes lol)

I don't really have any that I don't like, there's usually at least one piece from everyone that I like lol

I'm not crazy-loyal to any particular brand but I will mention Free People in the negative column. Now, I know this is a super cheap brand and I shouldn't have expected very much, but last Xmas my sister spotted a specific sweater of theirs that she wanted, so I bought it for her as a stocking stuffer (it was cheap - about $60). She put it on as soon as she opened it on Xmas day and *literally* within 3 hours of wear it was ruined. Pilled to the point of being almost worn entirely through in a few spots, and stretched out to shapelessness (it was cashmere).

Again, I get that this is a cheap line but 3 hours? Really? I wouldn't have paid $5 for that, let alone $60. It was never worn again as that single wearing ruined it.

This is really hard for me - there are some brands that I don't really like the overall aesthetic, but you can find the odd thing that is just fantastic. For me, an example of this would be Ralph Lauren. I don't like the caricature-ish advertising campaigns, the over-priced sportswear element, the unnecessary equestrian details. But then I have found a beautiful pair of silk-wool black pants and a gorgeous grey cashmere knit that I couldn't live without.

I do notice that I have quite a lot of Moschino, DvF and Maxmara in my wardrobe, as well as lots of Witchery and David Lawrence (high street brands). So I guess I am quite into these brands.

Love
Yeojin Bae
Jen Kao
Alaia
marc by marc jacobs
Jil Sander
Prada
Future Classics
Giambattista Valli
Givenchy

Hate
Juicy Couture
Ed Hardy
Affliction
Christian Audigier

Last edited:
Martin Grant
Vanessa Bruno
Catherine Malandrino
Tara Jarmon
Alexander McQueen (for artistic purposes)

My dislikes are the same as k*d:
Dislike
Juicy Couture (that they have the word "couture" in their name bugs the heck out of me!)
Ed Hardy
Affliction
Christian Audigier

For me, when I say I like something, it means I like a greater proportion of their designs than other brands (and there will still be designs that I think are horrible). And even though I say I don't like something, I could still find maybe one or two pieces I like in that season, but because the likelihood of finding that piece is so low, I can't be bothered going into the store and looking for it.

So, I like:
Burberry
Chanel
Dior
Valentino (especially their coats!)
Missoni
DvF!! love the fit, the very wearable designs, and the affordable price
Sonia Rykiel
MBMJ

Don't like:
Juicy Couture (but their jewellery is nice)
Versace