What Chanel Suprised you? You first thought "Not my Style" but now "LOVE"!

Passau

O.G.
Jun 9, 2008
I know that I'm not the only one who thought at first that the Boy was "Not my style" when it was first introduced and now I am in LOVE with my Boy!

What style caught you off guard at first? I'm curious to hear with the new Pure Chanels, The Coco Handles, The Gabrielles and the other styles that are not "classic" Chanel that we have all be used to seeing....

Boy.. when my sa showed it to me when it first came out.. its like "do you really know me" in my head.. just got mine this year and I wished the price are still the same when it was first came out.. "impossible" :giggle::giggle::giggle:...but now I'm in love and used it a lot especially on winter times. but I guess it's wise to wait patiently until you finally hear the beat!!!:hbeat::hbeat::hbeat:

I have to "sorta" say the Boy. However, it wasn't that I didn't like them. I thought they were good looking bags. I just didn't feel they were worth the price tag because I wasn't bowled over, I felt Chanel "cheaped" out with the fabric lining and I worried they would be more fad than classic.

Over time, I've gone from liking them the loving them. I try to ignore thefabric lining (lol!) and I think we can all agree the Boys are here to stay. And, I think the styles / materials / treatments keep getting better.

I just got my first Boy a few months ago :yahoo: and am eager to find just the right "brother" for him very soon. ;)

For me it was definitely the reissue. I was a classic flap type of girl until I set my eyes on the smooth leather reissues. I never preferred the distressed look so I never bothered looking at a reissue until they came out with a different leather style

It was the coco handle for me. I thought it seemed like a more mature bag but the more I looked at it, the more I obsessed about it. I bought two this season and hoping for a pink one in the upcoming seasons.

I was never attracted to the reissue. I've been a chanel lover for 8 years+. Then suddenly last year I got bitten by the reissue bug! Got a 224 then this week got a 225 [emoji12]

Reactions: JazzyMac
I know that I'm not the only one who thought at first that the Boy was "Not my style" when it was first introduced and now I am in LOVE with my Boy!

What style caught you off guard at first? I'm curious to hear with the new Pure Chanels, The Coco Handles, The Gabrielles and the other styles that are not "classic" Chanel that we have all be used to seeing....
I was exactly like you Passau....i really disliked the Boy bag when it first came out but then something mysterious happened over time & now I'm a total Boy fan/lover like you & so many fine folks here. This has happened to me w/ other brand bags (i.e.- Celine Luggage.....hated them at first, now i own 3....go figure!) I've learned our taste certainly can change over time & i also think with new styles that come out, your eye has to get accustomed to them somehow & you have to almost "study" the bag (the design, materials/details,etc) to appreciate it & then you may go from hate to love (but that's just my silly opinion!) :flowers:

Reactions: aki_sato
Like @Passau @chicnfab @Sparkletastic @Kendie26 @starprism_7 its the BOY for me...
Love it on other people but 'meh' on me.
Bought this rainbow boy even though it didn't really sing to me but thought it's such a special piece.
I took it out finally the 5th month after buying it and was so self conscious as it attracted so much attention and thought definitely not my style.
That this boy jacket appeared and it was first love!

Attachments

• IMG_1751.PNG
    IMG_1751.PNG
    926.5 KB · Views: 624
  • IMG_1755.PNG
    IMG_1755.PNG
    1.1 MB · Views: 647
Last edited:
Boy for me too. Though I never disliked it, I thought it looked good on others but wasn't my style and never saw myself owning one. I even tried a couple on in boutiques in colors I had no interest in since that was all the stock available at the time and still wasn't sold on it. But once I saw the iridescent purple boy, my heart stopped and I had to have it. That was three Boys ago! I now have four and really appreciate the Boy for it's the casual vibe. I had a similar experience with the Reissue...although I was interested in it, when I went to try it at the boutique, the one they had on display had such a matte, dull, greyish finish that I dismissed it for a long time. Then I gave it another chance some years later and when I tried it, the leather was completely luxe...shiny, deep black and almost silk looking. Now I am glad to have it in my collection and really enjoy the versatility of it. So I've learned to keep an open mind and not dismiss a particular style based on first (or second :lol:) impressions.

Wow! So I know I was not alone in not loving the Boy at first....

I agree with FunBagz about the passage of time and tastes change over time so what you first thought was meh is now super attractive....perhaps because of the color or the leather

Love hearing about other styles like the Coco Handle and Gabrielle that I have yet to try on......Maybe it will be love after a second look....