what can be SO from LV?

I'm confused by this statement because I've definitely seen ostrich and alligator (or was it croc) wallets at the larger boutiques. Usually only one as a SO example.

I should have been more specific... :Push: Sorry about that.

I too have seen/heard of wallets being SO'd in exotic leathers. Wallets are the only things considered Small Leather Goods that are an exception that I can think of at the moment.

From my understanding, Special Orders and Custom Orders are the same thing. Louis Vuitton will make anything that you wish and have been doing it for more than a hundred years as it's in the tradition of Louis Vuitton. Louis Vuitton started off as being a box maker for trunks and understands that people adapt differently to items and the items should compliment the customer. So Louis Vuitton has a Special Order factory in France that does hundreds of requests per month and makes new items just to please the customer in every line that Louis Vuitton produces on a regular bases, excluding exotic skins. Please correct me if I'm wrong and where I can read up on this further because I'm relying on what Louis Vuitton told me.

MC can not be SOd because of the contract with Murakami

I may believe that, but I know for a fact that Louis Vuitton special orders in Epi, Suhali, Damier, Vernis, exotic skins and many other lines including the classic monogram all the time. I've even had the pleasure of seeing some of Louis Vuitton's work in those lines.

I always hear of people saying there's restrictions and I'd love to know some back up. :rolleyes:

I know that you can SO monogram and damier and a few Vernis items, you can also have bags made in the all vache leather!! BUt you can't SO small goods

That's a part of Louis Vuitton's work for special orders is producing small goods for their customers. They do, in fact, do it for their customers and have been doing it for a very long time.

Can you name a few examples, excluding exotic skin wallets? :smile:

Well I thought you had knowledge about Louis Vuitton. Although I'll inform you. The most famous special orders were the Edinburgh Escarelle in Damier that was made for a client of Louis Vuitton, The Manicure Set in Monogram Canvas for a client's luggage collection, a Baby Bottle case in vivid red Epi leather for a client's baby. This may not be a small item, but a Conductor's Batton Box in Monogram Canvas for a conductor. These were all made with the tradition of Louis Vuitton to please the client of Louis Vuitton with their collection. They've been doing it ever since the day Louis Vuitton was born.

Can you name a few places where you heard otherwise? :smile: