Books & Music What books are taking you F.O.R.E.V.E.R to finish?

Junkenpo

CHOOSE KINDNESS
O.G.
Jan 23, 2007
IN THE MOMENT
As in, you haven't quite given up hope on them... you're plodding thru them, but at a snail's pace compared to your usual reading speed?

I devour books & have a hard time putting anything down until I'm finished. I try to avoid starting books when I have projects & important things to do, because when I start a new book, I have a tendency to ignore said important things until I get the new story finished....

That being said... I started the "Astonishing Life of Octavian Nothing" and while I haven't tossed it out, I have no trouble putting it down to do other things. I think I've been reading it for about a week now & I'm still in the first quarter of the book..... :sweatdrop:

What are you working on?

madamefifi

cat hoarder
O.G.
Aug 23, 2006
virginia
Infinite Jest by David Foster Wallace. I mean to finish it before I die, though the last time I actually read any of it was back in July.

madamefifi

cat hoarder
O.G.
Aug 23, 2006
virginia
I know!! IJ is like 1000 pages long, too. The last time I made any progress was when I had to take one of my kitties to the emergency vet--I knew I'd be doing a lot of sitting around so I forced myself to shove it in my bag.

LisaG719

Living life...
O.G.
Jun 16, 2006
Oregon
I just finished Princes of Ireland by Edward Rutherfurd and I feel like I been reading it for ages.

Oogolly

American Gods by Neil Gaiman , lately things have been kind of crazy so I haven't had a ton of time to read and when I do read its like "really im only half way?!" so I feel like I'm not moving in the book. However, I am enjoying the book just wish i had more time to sit and read.

COACH ADDICT

"We're all born naked and the rest is drag" RUPAUL
O.G.
Apr 27, 2009
An ever changing life with Steady Love...
Through Stone and Sea: A Novel of the Noble Dead by Barb & J. C. Hendee... it is a long series and I do know I just can not get into this one book... I hope it is just his one because I just preorded the next one...

monotreme

O.G.
Dec 24, 2005
Los Angeles
Infinite Jest by David Foster Wallace. I mean to finish it before I die, though the last time I actually read any of it was back in July.
me toooooo!! i'm glad i'm not alone.. hahaha
i stopped around pg 200? i'll prob have to re-read those pgs to keep the characters and storylines straight! oyy...

BluMochi

O.G.
Apr 27, 2008
Eat, Pray, LoveEat, Pray, Love: One Woman's Search for Everything Across Italy, India and Indonesia...

I'm more than half way through it, but can't seem finish it. I've read 3 other books since then. It's not terrible, just doesn't grab my attention enough for me to want to finish. I was hoping to finish the book before seeing the movie, but I don't think that's going to happen.

ipudgybear

Jan 23, 2010
The Imperfectionists by Tom Rachman. It does seem like a good book but I just can't finish it. Maybe it's cause I'm too focused in studying for school.

peach.

everything is peachy
O.G.
Mar 17, 2007
Japan
alapeach.com
Eat, Pray, LoveEat, Pray, Love: One Woman's Search for Everything Across Italy, India and Indonesia...

I'm more than half way through it, but can't seem finish it. I've read 3 other books since then. It's not terrible, just doesn't grab my attention enough for me to want to finish. I was hoping to finish the book before seeing the movie, but I don't think that's going to happen.
Uh oh, same here. I blasted through "Eat" and am now trudging through "Pray." It might be because she's whining more in this section than in the former.

Sarah Lizzie

Feb 11, 2010
Toulouse-Lautrec: A Life ...It's currently at the bottom of the pile, I'll come back to it eventually:reading:

jgarfieldk

Mar 12, 2007
Neal Stephenson's Anathem.

I tried twice and could not finish it. English is my second language and this book is, I concluded, beyond my ability.