Books & Music What books are taking you F.O.R.E.V.E.R to finish?

Junkenpo

Maui Strong...♥️
O.G.
Jan 23, 2007
As in, you haven't quite given up hope on them... you're plodding thru them, but at a snail's pace compared to your usual reading speed?

I devour books & have a hard time putting anything down until I'm finished. I try to avoid starting books when I have projects & important things to do, because when I start a new book, I have a tendency to ignore said important things until I get the new story finished....

That being said... I started the "Astonishing Life of Octavian Nothing" and while I haven't tossed it out, I have no trouble putting it down to do other things. I think I've been reading it for about a week now & I'm still in the first quarter of the book..... :sweatdrop:

What are you working on?

I know!! IJ is like 1000 pages long, too. The last time I made any progress was when I had to take one of my kitties to the emergency vet--I knew I'd be doing a lot of sitting around so I forced myself to shove it in my bag.

American Gods by Neil Gaiman , lately things have been kind of crazy so I haven't had a ton of time to read and when I do read its like "really im only half way?!" so I feel like I'm not moving in the book. However, I am enjoying the book just wish i had more time to sit and read.

Through Stone and Sea: A Novel of the Noble Dead by Barb & J. C. Hendee... it is a long series and I do know I just can not get into this one book... I hope it is just his one because I just preorded the next one...

Eat, Pray, LoveEat, Pray, Love: One Woman's Search for Everything Across Italy, India and Indonesia...

I'm more than half way through it, but can't seem finish it. I've read 3 other books since then. It's not terrible, just doesn't grab my attention enough for me to want to finish. I was hoping to finish the book before seeing the movie, but I don't think that's going to happen.

Eat, Pray, LoveEat, Pray, Love: One Woman's Search for Everything Across Italy, India and Indonesia...

I'm more than half way through it, but can't seem finish it. I've read 3 other books since then. It's not terrible, just doesn't grab my attention enough for me to want to finish. I was hoping to finish the book before seeing the movie, but I don't think that's going to happen.

Uh oh, same here. I blasted through "Eat" and am now trudging through "Pray." It might be because she's whining more in this section than in the former.