Books & Music What book are you reading right now?

currently reading: Postcards From Last Summer by Roz Bailey
just finished reading earlier today: Bergdorf Blondes by Plum Sykes
next up: Trading Up by Candace Bushnell

I love this book. He recently came out with a second book that got great reviews. Are you planning on reading it?

I am in the middle of The Fountainhead. It's so good and getting better and more scandalous as I read on.

I really want to read The Kite Runner. It's my best friend's favorite book and I always trust her taste.

Right in line with The Fountainhead, I am reading Atlas Shrugged right now. I've read them both before several times, but she rights with such detail that I always find something new when I read them again. She's definitely one of my favorite authors.

I also just read the seventh Harry Potter.

Overall, my favorite author is probably Bret Easton Ellis because his writing is just so crazy!

The Diana Chronicles (by Tina Brown). Great recommendation from leelee, BTW! I admittedly have not read a book back to back in several months (other than victoria beckham's extra half an inch) so as an ode to my namesake and 10 years since her tragic death I'm digging in!

I read "A Thousand Splendid Suns"
last week and it was EXCELLENT.
Highly recommend it.
after you read the Fountainhead, you might enjoy her "Atlas Shrugged" -
I read it a very long time ago, but
it has always been a favorite.

I just finished The Fountainhead. My friend is lending me Atlas Shrugged today and then I will read Anthem. I might need to find some light reading when I'm done.

The Millionaire Next Door.

I actually really like it. Have about 20 pages to go. I have become SUCH a slow reader lately. I'm passing out before 10! Must be gettin' old.:P Although as I am posting this I am realizing its almost midnight... had school tonight which gets my motor running. I'm rambling...

The Diana Chronicles (by Tina Brown). Great recommendation from leelee, BTW! I admittedly have not read a book back to back in several months (other than victoria beckham's extra half an inch) so as an ode to my namesake and 10 years since her tragic death I'm digging in!
Tina Brown can be quite a good writer. I remeber enjoying her articles when she wrote for Vanity Fair.

I almost finished reading "Tracks" and I honestly don't care for it at all. The writing is good, but the plot isn't my cup of tea. I'm not sure how this ended up on the NY Times Bestseller list, b/c I can't imagine too many people would be interested.

Oh well.
I actually like Tracks. I read it in college for a Native American Literature class & I think part of the reason why I enjoyed it was that I could ask questions about the plot. A bit odd, but I did enjoy it. She (I'm blanking on the author's name) also was hailed for "Beet Queen", have it but have not read it.

i've just finished 'Bag of Bones' by Stephen King, it was the 9th time I've read it! It totally terrifies me, but it's one of my favourite books!

just about to start 'Marshmallows for Breakfast' by Dorothy Koomson.