What bags do you consider to be "stealth wealth"?

Love this thread! I would say Ferragamo, LV Epi, Tods, Bruno Magli, St. John, and Stuart Weirzman.

Beyond big designer labels, "stealth wealth" evokes New England Prep style. I think of oxford shirts, loafers, LL bean, and other gorgeous (well-made) clothing. I simply love that style.

Yes. Ferragamo and Tods! Love! LL bean is so awesome! Great minds :smile:

Thank you both! Yes, this is my first Nina Ricci bag. I haven't had it very long, but I'm certainly impressed so far. It's thoughtfully and beautifully made; it's super functional and the finishing and the details on the leather, lining and hardware are impeccable. I sold my Chanel Maxi flap to fund the purchase of my NR Lutece shoulder bag and I don't regret it a bit. I've also always admired the NR Marche tote, which is sort of their signature bag that you sometimes see celebrities or fashion types carrying, yet it's still pretty much under the radar.

Love the marche tote. Never seen it before but the leather looks amazing

Thank you both! Yes, this is my first Nina Ricci bag. I haven't had it very long, but I'm certainly impressed so far. It's thoughtfully and beautifully made; it's super functional and the finishing and the details on the leather, lining and hardware are impeccable. I sold my Chanel Maxi flap to fund the purchase of my NR Lutece shoulder bag and I don't regret it a bit. I've also always admired the NR Marche tote, which is sort of their signature bag that you sometimes see celebrities or fashion types carrying, yet it's still pretty much under the radar.

I love your Nina Ricci Lute. I just bought the Marche and the quality is wonderful. I am keen to get another Nina bag and the Lute looks really beautiful.

I appreciate this thread very much. My style is stealth (although a bit lacking in the wealth... hehe).

I have been eyeing the black chanel gst with ghw. It is so beautiful! I was even willing to overlook the quality issues associated with it. I still might get it but my style is definitely more understated. And a chanel gst is a pretty showy bag, IMO, especially compared to my--yes, THREE--other bags (a longchamp, a givenchy, and a proenza schouler). So I'm in this dilemma bc I'm not big on logos and flash. And the bag has a huge logo and lots of flash.

This thread has given me a few understated brands to consider: valextra and tods, in particular.

I appreciate this thread very much. My style is stealth (although a bit lacking in the wealth... hehe).

I have been eyeing the black chanel gst with ghw. It is so beautiful! I was even willing to overlook the quality issues associated with it. I still might get it but my style is definitely more understated. And a chanel gst is a pretty showy bag, IMO, especially compared to my--yes, THREE--other bags (a longchamp, a givenchy, and a proenza schouler). So I'm in this dilemma bc I'm not big on logos and flash. And the bag has a huge logo and lots of flash.

This thread has given me a few understated brands to consider: valextra and tods, in particular.
I have carried vintage Tod's and more recent Tod's and I'm never disappointed. Love Tod's so much.

Reactions: Framboise321