What bag has your BF or DH ruined for you?

My DH is pretty cool with it, but he has gotten to the point where he will say he doesn't want to know (how much$$ that is...) which is kinda silly b/c he does buy one for me at least once or twice a year......BUT he told me, I pay all the bills and if it's reasonable that I can pay for a new bag he's OK with it....I'm pretty good about it though, I don't go overboard as I like to buy him surfboards and stuff he wants too, and want to be able to afford nice cars, dinners, etc. etc. etc. AND I DON'T pay finance charges, so I can see why he kinda trusts me....Plus we both contribute 10% of our salaries to savings......He did however tell me he wasn't crazy about the perfo cles when I looked at it with him, and then a few weeks later I bought one anyway, he was fine with it and I think he likes it a little better now........He also seems to like his LV wallets that I've gotten him too, I just don't tell him how much they cost.....

My dh hasn't ruined any bags that I own, but he does comment on the large speedies. I have a damier 25 and he's fine with that and says it's cute but the bigger ones he says they look like dufflebags.

In one occasion I purchased an Isabella Fiore orange bag, I really wanted something different, but as soon the bag arrived, my bf and my two sons started tossing the bag between each other, I asked them why are they doing this?, my little boy went to get his football and showed to me, NO MORE WORDS NEED IT:yes: I know right away, the darn bag grain finish was exactly like the darn ball:roflmfao:

Well, my SO saw my sad face for few days, then that Xmas he purchased for me my black LV Soufflot, after all he made me feel much better.:wlae:

Smith said:
I have a wonderful husband who supports my LV purchases 100 percent. He has never ruined anything for me.

Me too. I feel very lucky, because I've had BFs before who were really nasty about it, and I remember what it was like to have to hide stuff. My fiance knows he spends $$ on stuff he likes, and I earn my own $$, so his feeling is, if it makes me happy, go for it! He even likes to shop with me, and he has really good taste, so we have a good time at LV together. Yup, he's a keeper :yes:

mellecyn said:
Speedy : BF to the S.A : "NO, this bag is boring" and perfo speedy "looks like a pet carrier":roflmfao:
Manhattan : "NO, too heavy bling at the front"
He always expresses his true feelings about fashion for women, and sometimes what he refers to is a good laugh.....I won´t start about what he thinks of pointy shoes:shame:

"looks like a pet carrier" :roflmfao:

It does, now that I think about it! My DH loathes pointy shoes, and the newest fashion craze, wearing belts high on the waist. He laughed when I showed him the last issue of Harper's Bazaar, in which some fashion editor stated, "Layering is the new sexy; showing too much skin isn't sexy." While I agree that there is a fine line between sultry and slutty, wearing a giant parka, over a wool cowl neck sweater, over a long t-shirt, over a wool skirt, with leggings underneath just doesn't strike me as hot, unless we're talking about how one feels underneath all of those "sexy layers."

Lola24 said:
My DH is pretty cool with it, but he has gotten to the point where he will say he doesn't want to know (how much$$ that is...) which is kinda silly b/c he does buy one for me at least once or twice a year......BUT he told me, I pay all the bills and if it's reasonable that I can pay for a new bag he's OK with it....I'm pretty good about it though, I don't go overboard as I like to buy him surfboards and stuff he wants too, and want to be able to afford nice cars, dinners, etc. etc. etc. AND I DON'T pay finance charges, so I can see why he kinda trusts me....Plus we both contribute 10% of our salaries to savings......He did however tell me he wasn't crazy about the perfo cles when I looked at it with him, and then a few weeks later I bought one anyway, he was fine with it and I think he likes it a little better now........He also seems to like his LV wallets that I've gotten him too, I just don't tell him how much they cost.....

My Dh still complains, but he likes the taiga small ring agenda that I bought him for his birthday. ;)

Pursegrrl said:
Thankfully, none. He "gets it." He once thought my Saleya was a "Fendi," but now he knows. He doesn't like some of my clothes but he brings it up in a very tactful way and hey, more reason for him to take me shopping again! :wlae:
I'm impressed that your DH can even identify a Fendi! My husband wouldn't know a Fendi if I hit him on the head with it. On that note, my husband did identify that I was wearing a dress that was "cut on the bias."

missD said:
my bf says "why are you buying grandma bags when youre 24?"

tsk tsk...just you wait mister...wait till we're married. i'll flood the closet with grandma bags!

Haha, you're my hero !! :roflmfao:

I don't have a BF, but if any future ones even try saying something like this - I will slap him silly ! :angel:

lol.. the bf tells me that i buy grandma bags too!! but it got to the point where he was constantly lecturing me about buying bags when 'you have so many' that i finally got fed up and said 'why are you so against something that makes me happy?? if buying a purse makes me happy, why are you stopping me??' let's see how long this lasts.

My DH doens't mind in the least that I buy LV's as he says it is my money. He will however tell me his opinion when I try on a bag. His pet hate is the Speedy 30 ( I don't share his opinion though.:Push: )which he calls "boxy" and reckons it looks too big on me.

my DH ruined all my damier.... he said they are 'guy' looking --- he saw so many men carrying them in japan. :upsidedown:

but other than that.....he always said "oh it's nice"....(so he can go and don't have to hear about my bags anymore!!!:roflmfao: )

he likes my mini monogram anne-sophie and pink agenda pen, he actually choose them and bought them for me! i trained him to get me gift certificate for eLuxury every special occasions i can think of!! :yahoo: :heart:

Lol..none, actually.
One day he actually started playing with the BH and asking me how I can tell authentic bags from the fakes and how they make the bags. That kinda made me happy lol.