What bag has best resale value?

I would assume LV, Chanel, and Hermes but I don't own any of those brands so therefore, I have no experience in reselling them. However, I only own contemporary brands and have resold a couple of my bags. I got back at least 75% of what I've paid, which is really good. I also take really good care of my bags which might explain why I am able to sell them without losing too much.

It would be Hermes Chanel and Celine. Lv doesn't hold the retail price since there is so much out there. Just my personal opinion. Black balenciagas hold their value but not seasonal colours just because they tend to fade.

I am new on the forum and wanted to pose a question about the resale value. I am new in the LV game and wondered if a fuschia neo speedy or a LV neverfull mono . Which one would hold its value more if I have to sell. I can't decide between the two.

I am new on the forum and wanted to pose a question about the resale value. I am new in the LV game and wondered if a fuschia neo speedy or a LV neverfull mono . Which one would hold its value more if I have to sell. I can't decide between the two.

Hello and welcome! You could perhaps also ask in the LV forum but I'm curious about the neo speedy, I can't remember seeing this one? :wondering I'm also a little worried, is it from a LV store?

Hello and welcome! You could perhaps also ask in the LV forum but I'm curious about the neo speedy, I can't remember seeing this one? :wondering I'm also a little worried, is it from a LV store?

The fuschia denim neo speedy was a limited edition in 2006 maybe?? I found one at a consignment shop in very good condition..

The fuschia denim neo speedy was a limited edition in 2006 maybe?? I found one at a consignment shop in very good condition..

Ah yes the fuchsia denim speedy, I remember this :smile: there was a thread recently in the LV forum about this speedy and many said it was not as popular right now. I would say the LV neverful will retain its value much better and it's still very popular, even five(?) years after it was released.

Thank you again! I know that I am drawn to the fuschia denim because it is me. But at the prices of these bags I want something that will last and be more timeless.

Within the brands of hermes, Chanel and lv, what bags do you think hold their value?
I think for Chanel it seems: the classic flap, boy, wocs and maybe gst? For lv the neverfull and for hermes is it just the birkin and kelly? What about other hermes bags like the Evelyne or bolide?

Within the brands of hermes, Chanel and lv, what bags do you think hold their value?

I think for Chanel it seems: the classic flap, boy, wocs and maybe gst? For lv the neverfull and for hermes is it just the birkin and kelly? What about other hermes bags like the Evelyne or bolide?

I'm not sure about LV, but in regards to Chanel, the classic flap will hold it's value, and this is partly due to the fact that a. they never go on sale and b. Chanel has two price increases per year. IDK about Boy or WOC but I would bet that they too, also hold their value. As for Hermès, definitely the Birkin and Kelly and probably less so for some of their other bags, although some of their harder to find bags such as the Constance would also be a safe bet. I had a Herbag Zip, an entry level H bag which I've had for several years and recently sold it for a bit more than what I paid for it back then. So no depreciation on this bag, which I can't say the same for about my car!

I'm not sure about LV, but in regards to Chanel, the classic flap will hold it's value, and this is partly due to the fact that a. they never go on sale and b. Chanel has two price increases per year. IDK about Boy or WOC but I would bet that they too, also hold their value. As for Hermès, definitely the Birkin and Kelly and probably less so for some of their other bags, although some of their harder to find bags such as the Constance would also be a safe bet. I had a Herbag Zip, an entry level H bag which I've had for several years and recently sold it for a bit more than what I paid for it back then. So no depreciation on this bag, which I can't say the same for about my car!

Do you think both the classic flap with the cc closure and the reissue with the rectangular closure hold their value equivalently?

That is wonderful about your herbag!