What are your hopes for Spring Summer ****CATWALK PICS ADDED****

I couldn't say anything yesterday after I saw the 1st pictures, lol :wacko: ... now that I've slept about it I have to say it's really starting to grow on me and I begin to love the quirky concepts :P ..... love those colorful stamped bags

Some of them are a little "out there" but these two (which I think are from the same collection) caught my eye. The embroidered ones with the cartoon characters were little too Juicy Couture for me and yet...

It was interesting to see the degrade effect still being used for what looked like a microfiber bag (shades of Prada!!!) but with the odd quote embroidered on the bag. I'm not crazy about that -- the bag should make a statement but I'd rather it didn't have actual words.

I wonder if they'll do an event for this collection, like they did for the cruise bags... I'll have to have my SA check it out.

they kinda look like fakes. some of them remind me of fake models which lv doesen't have (but are made as fakes). maybe you have to get used to in these new bags but i highly doubt that these things will be popular. they look cheap and some of the are SO seasonal. though these aren't meant to be mono speedies or everybody's purses...

Overall I'm very diappointed in this collection. Very few of the bags look muted enough for normal use, and for a ready-to-wear collection, this is a big failure. At first glance, the shoes looked like they could be elegant and fun, but on closer inspection parts of the heel or side are missing on all of them. I'm guessing this was another attempt to make the collection edgy, but it's just not doing for me.

It seems like they wanted to push this collection too far into the couture realm, and the results I think speak for themselves.

like ellc stated previously...i too believe they aren't meant to be "everybody's purse"...maybe they wanted to be a bit more cutting edge this time...so that the more trendy consumer could get something that isn't her mother/sister/aunt/grandma's bag... not saying the classics are for older women only because the classic pieces are indeed timeless & beautiful...but i think everyone understands me right? lol