What are your experiences when returning your bag at Saks?? Help!

love2shop said:
Hi ladies,
I am seriously contemplating returning my Dior bag from Saks in the Houston Galleria. I bought it on May 9, 2006 during the sales event. I read on the back of my receipt that they allow 60 days right? I have my receipt, dustbag, tags, etc.. The bag itself is still bascially brand new! Do you think they will give me a hard time since it has been over a month? I don't return often and am scared they won't let me do it! Help.:cry: What are your experiences?

Did you carry the bag at all?

If the tags are still on, and it hasn't been used at all, I would say no problem.

i wore it once, just to try it out, so I had to take of the tag (i didn't cut it off though) and the plastic wrapping on the handles. the dior section is right next to the regular handbag section, so I know for sure the sa will refer me back to the dior section. i'm going to get to the bottom of this soon. will keep you all posted.

Good luck. Don't feel bad. shoot, with all the top notch stores, they always have these "return" policies but don't necessarily abide by them. I've heard it from SAs... Customer service is key. And if they do give you a hard time... don't shop there anymore, you can always goto Neimans : )

Plus it's within the 60 days so you should be able to return it unless there's some stamp on it indicating otherwise.

If they give you any problem, ask for the general manager for the store.
If your receipt is not markef FINAL SALE, you are entitled to return it!

Saks handbag SAs are not on commission. If Dior rents space, then they might be.

OK, just came back from Saks and mission was unsuccessful!! ugh~!!!! The Dior SA stated that they were a leased store in the Saks and that they have a different policy from Saks. Any sale item from Dior is a final sale! And even though I told them that "final sale" was not anywhere on the receipt or that the SA did not tell me it was a final sale, they refused to allow me to reurn it! So, I guess I have no choice now but to keep it or sell it myself. Just thought you ladies should know that about the Dior sale bags when purchasing from them in this case.

I would try the customer service manager. In my experience Saks, NM, Bloomingdales all take back anything and everything. I once saw someone return a cashmere sweater that had been purchased over a year before to Bloomingdales. And they credited the buyer almost 300! No tag, no receipt. I was astonished.

love2shop- I certainly would not take that as a final answer. Ask for the manager. If your receipt says SAKS on it anywhere, then they have to abide by the SAKS return policy. That is so ridiculous. You need to be more pushy!