What are you saving your pennies for and how much is in your piggy bank?

And sometimes the search feature brings up irrelevant results! That's a thread about saving (as in rescuing) a damaged bag, not saving money to buy a bag.

OP - if you are saving money but tempted to spend the accumulating pile of cash, try making it inaccessible. For example, you could buy 6-month CDs so that the money is less liquid. Or put it in a savings account at an online bank where it will be more hidden from you.

:smile: Good idea... should stash it away in another bank! should set up another account as my 'bag' bank....

Saving for a Ferragamo or Lanvin bag, not sure which exact one. Or a nice coat! Method: evaluate every unnecessary and frivolous purchase, outings, vacations and whatnot. So far so good! Have spent maybe just about $180 for three clothing items in the last five months.

In the end, I never buy things retail, always try to buy from sale items only-works wonders for me.

My car will be paid next August. My car payment amount for the three subsequent months should painlessly fund the Bal I want. Between now and then I need to decide - City or First? What color?

RitaMarie said:
My car will be paid next August. My car payment amount for the three subsequent months should painlessly fund the Bal I want. Between now and then I need to decide - City or First? What color?

That is perfect! The best word ^^ is 'painlessly.'

Saving for either a red bag (not sure what brand), or a Chanel WOC or an LV Alma PM (new colors apparently in January) or a speedy empreinte! haha too many choices for me. So I'm hoping to have at least 2K by Jan next year. I just bought 4 bags in the last 4 months (woops!) so clearly i have only peanuts in my piggy bank :smile:

I've never saved for anything, I'm always behind according to my DH and it has been the cause of many marital disputes LOL. This time I want to show him I can do it!

Maybe this thread will encourage me :smile:

I have been saving pennies-actual pennies for years. Way way way too many to count. I had them in a plastic Polar water container and boy had they settled after some years. I decided the best way to estimate how much I had was to weigh them. I recall it being like 60 something pounds and as picked the thing up to put it back in my closet the whole bottom broke out! Now they are divided in two jugs. Anyhow, I don't know what I'm going to do with them. I don't get too many anymore, I use a debit card so much. I wish it was enough to pay my school taxes because I would roll that thing right into the courthouse and pay with all those pennies just to be a nuisance. I hate school taxes. But I'll probably donate my pennies to the humane society. My literal pennies, that is.

There's a pair of Harley Davidson boots that I have my eyes on and couple of belts that I want and I also want MBMJ Groove Satchel and a Badgley Mischka bag but I just spent a ton of bucks on my old dog at the vet last week so maybe just the boots and a belt will happen. What really stinks is my dog is not getting better..

Last edited:
lovely_harmony said:
Saving for a Chanel classic flap bag in lambskin. The prices keeps going up, let alone the prices in Australia is already ridiculously high!

I agree with you. That bag is around 6000$ here in turkey and its getting higher in some periods. So ridiculous!! i bought a clutch from austria for 2000$ which is around 3500$ here!!

Last edited:
You know what's nice? I got a fat amount in my Paypal account and alot of credit card points and there really isn't anything that I want right now! And that's definetely play money, LOL. Life is good. :smile: Not feeling that hole in my soul that sometimes nags me to fill it with STUFF.

You know what's nice? I got a fat amount in my Paypal account and alot of credit card points and there really isn't anything that I want right now! And that's definetely play money, LOL. Life is good. :smile: Not feeling that hole in my soul that sometimes nags me to fill it with STUFF.

ohhh... you are in a good place now!!

i am still deciding if i should spend my $$ or save it though i don't know what exactly i am saving my $$ for...

i still want stuff *sigh*

I want a raspberry mini alexa mulberry!! I've been making up decisions between this and rose mini bal city. I would go for bals in regular size but in mini I think Alexa is cuter. I'm getting one in two weeks do you think they'll still have it?