What are the instantly recognisable Chanel symbols?

the diamond quilting / stitching, flap rectangular bags, the traditional leather weave through chains, bags shaped like the cabas, black and white monochrome chic, simple, clean cut style especially the LBD and not to mention (obviously lol) the CC logo, no. 5, camellias and tweed ;)

I don't really associate the four leaf clover with chanel - that is more lv to me. What the others have already posted I agree with and when I see a woman dressed in black with white pearls - I always think Coco ...

Besides all the above you guys have already mentioned there's one more thing too hehe!:graucho: :...Well,not a thing exactly but something introduced by Coco Chanel which became such a trend: SUNTANNING!;)

Besides all the above you guys have already mentioned there's one more thing too hehe!:graucho: :...Well,not a thing exactly but something introduced by Coco Chanel which became such a trend: SUNTANNING!;)

well if we're going that way, then you also need to include - little black dress, the bob haircut, irridescent pigments in makeup (chanel was the first), ephemeres (limited edition products - again, chanel was the first), sportswear for women

there's others i cant remember right now to