What are the "IN" jeans now.

Oh, and I agree about the Madewell sizing!! Have you tried the B-sides jeans yet? I haven't worn my Lasso jeans out yet (will do this week) but they're currently my favorite jeans! I got the regular Lasso, not the vintage Lasso. The vintage Lasso are reworked Levi's jeans and are more expensive. They're a little too vintage for my liking....but the regular Lasso are amazing! I think they shape is similar to the Sid....where it has a slight bow leg, but not so much that it looks rediculous. Anyway, just had to chime in again.
I haven’t tried thé b-sides but it may be worth looking into! Those remind me of some Zara jeans I like the look of, but Zara jeans don’t tend to work for my curvy. Tag me if you post pics! Would love to see them on.

Oh I'd love to hear your thoughts on the Sid!! I ordered them when they were first released in February but I ordered the petite length and I really wanted them to puddle a little more, as the intended fit. So I returned them and of course they were all sold out back then. I was thinking of going up a size just so they would sit lower on the hips, like they do on the model on the website. I wish I could try them on first before buying them but there are no stores near me. :sad: Everyone that I've seen them on looks great!! Keep me posted, I'm so curious of your thoughts!!
I think my reply to you got eaten - will definitely update on the Sid, a bit concerned it just won’t fit my shape. I went with petite because I’m definitely in the short side (and I ordered 2 sized for science). They did restock the regular length too

Skinny jeans will never be "out" of style. Some I recommend are Joe's, Mother and some of the new stretch Levi's 724 straight leg are very nice options. 7 for all Mankind always fit me very well, regardless of style.
I just bought another pair of skinny jeans (dark wash). I have a medium build with a butt that isn't shapely. these seem to flatter me more than looser jeans (assuming I'm seeing accurately in the mirror).

Reactions: Antonia
Would like to put in a recommendation for jeans (and any pants) by Courreges.
pricy in terms of department store items, but reasonable compared to premier designer.
I think retail is around 500 USD in the US (less in France) but they also go on sale.
most models right now are wide. The wide ones drape beautifully (even on short people like me)
And, the slim ones are flattering, as in yu feel like you are 10 pounds lighter

Would like to put in a recommendation for jeans (and any pants) by Courreges.
pricy in terms of department store items, but reasonable compared to premier designer.
I think retail is around 500 USD in the US (less in France) but they also go on sale.
most models right now are wide. The wide ones drape beautifully (even on short people like me)
And, the slim ones are flattering, as in yu feel like you are 10 pounds lighter
I'll def. check them out...probably on The Real Real first to see if there are any deals! I love wide leg jeans, those are my fave!! They sound amazing!! Thank you for the intel!!! :hugs:

• Love
Reactions: cecchetti and 880
Skinny jeans will never be "out" of style. Some I recommend are Joe's, Mother and some of the new stretch Levi's 724 straight leg are very nice options. 7 for all Mankind always fit me very well, regardless of style.
I think when it comes to jeans what flatters us is more important than what's "in"
I had a pair of Rag & Bone skinnies that I wasn't wearing as I felt they were too skinny in the calf area. I decided to put them on the other day and liked them again. DH said they are flattering. So I have a pair of "new" jeans.

I think atm literally virtually Any style goes!
I was in Zara yesterday with my 23 year old friend, and liberally scattered around the store were jeans in virtually every style imaginable.
I don’t buy their jeans-I had one pair once in size 22”, but they don’t fit me properly ..
But the sheer variety , from skinny to straight, to Mom, to cropped to wide etc etc , shows that whatever body shape you have , there’s a pair of jeans to flatter..
Although I have skinny jeans, I prefer Japanese denim rigid Selvedge jeans with button fly, which don’t stretch out and last far longer.
My Samurais have outlived several pairs of stretch jeans, and I’m planning to have them copied, as they feel better on..if I want a skinny look I can wear leggings..

Reactions: Antonia
I think atm literally virtually Any style goes!
I was in Zara yesterday with my 23 year old friend, and liberally scattered around the store were jeans in virtually every style imaginable.
I don’t buy their jeans-I had one pair once in size 22”, but they don’t fit me properly ..
But the sheer variety , from skinny to straight, to Mom, to cropped to wide etc etc , shows that whatever body shape you have , there’s a pair of jeans to flatter..
Although I have skinny jeans, I prefer Japanese denim rigid Selvedge jeans with button fly, which don’t stretch out and last far longer.
My Samurais have outlived several pairs of stretch jeans, and I’m planning to have them copied, as they feel better on..if I want a skinny look I can wear leggings..
I rotate several pair of jeans (not as many as some people). I've never had problems with wear except for a pair of AG jeans that came distressed and the rips got bigger. I wash my jeans on gentle and hang to dry.

Reactions: cecchetti
The loose 90s style jeans that college age kids are wearing now are hideous on me with my apple shape and short legs. I don’t think the look flatters anyone unless they have the physique of a 90s model. And let’s be real here, very few people have that physique nowadays, even within gen z.

I had to shop for jeans recently after avoiding it for years and settled on Levi’s wedgie straights. They’re maybe not the newest style, but I feel like they are current/classic enough to be acceptable, and I like the comfort of the looser leg and high waist. They always get mentioned on strategist/wirecutter best jeans lists too.

Flare and bootcut are back, but these cuts generally look better with higher heels (ouch) and are hard to wear in bad winter weather. If it’s raining or snowy and you’re wearing boots, skinnies are just the most comfortable and flattering. Gen z will learn the lesson that everyone else who wore jeans from the late 90s to 2000s already knows. Wet, salty, or muddy hems are the worst.

I've just been wearing what flatters me, which is high rise skinny. I know low rise and baggy is trendy but i'm not interested in trying to fit in with kids of today. I do predict that slim silhouettes will trend again because that's fashion. Am working on a signature style that is personal.