What are the best places for luxury shopping in the World's best cities?

to The Shoppes at Marina Bay Sands

I think they specified they are only interested in specific cities.
I didn’t know OP specified specific cities, but I agree with @haute okole re MBS. The very large buccellati made me rethink my standards for luxury mall lol. Having said that, while the H at MBS is nice, when I am in Singapore, I shop at Liat.

Agree with @Swanky re Dallas. I will never forget the kindness of the Dallas SA or SM several decades ago who showed us a beautiful shiny red, small croc kelly (it was very obvious we could not afford anything close to this bag; we never would have even thought to ask; and at that time my budget was limited to silk 90’s lol.

Courcheval France. Not a city, but great luxury big name premier shopping, during the snow season, like Graff, Bulgari, Dior, Hermes, Yves Salomon, Louis Vuitton. Everything five or seven minutes walking from LeK2 Palace Hotel or Aman. There are some who get decked out and take selfies for instagram, but there are also plenty who don’t. No one seems to care, and all the SAs seem relaxed and pleasant. The ski rental shop at K2 is fitted out like a chanel boutique and they seem to sell plenty of fashion ski wear in addition to provid8ng ski equipment (See last pic).

View attachment 5942672View attachment 5942673View attachment 5942674View attachment 5942675View attachment 5942678
Wanted to add that in the Courcheval K2 palace hotel ski shop, where you rent equipment like skis and boots, they also sell chinchilla, shearling, other fur, (probably Fendi since they carry a lot of that brand); Falke socks; Bogner; fulsalp; and a nice assortment of apres ski.

dior also had some unique offerings: the gray blue poncho with white and black patterns is fur too; and they have limited for courcheval Himalayan bags and art bags. (Pics of the RTW are Dior, not Prada)

IMG_0562.jpeg

Last edited:
I'm a bit late, but I'm throwing in some LA opinions.
(7) Los Angeles:
i. Beverly Centre
The fact that this is now an upscale mall is hilarious to me. This is where we'd go on the weekends when I was in middle school. Highlights included Wet Seal, Forever 21, and Claire's. But it's definitely a luxury shopping location now!
ii. Melrose Place
Has the stores. Does not have the world's greatest parking. I don't know anyone who shops here unless they really want Oscar de la Renta. See below for my thoughts on that.
iii. Neiman Marcus
The one in BH? I don't think it's quite what it used to be. It's fine, but I certainly wouldn't make a destination out of it. More thoughts on NM below.
iv. Rodeo Drive
Rodeo Drive has just about every designer you could possibly want, and it's definitely a must-see on a first trip to LA. However, it's also a massive tourist trap, full of influencers taking photos for their posts. And there have been crime issues in the last few years (although things are considerably better now).
v. Saks Fifth Avenue
The one in BH is going to be amazing when it reopens next week.

The thing that isn't mentioned here (but I alluded to it above) is that, while not in LA proper, Orange County has two amazing malls. South Coast Plaza has everything Rodeo has, plus Oscar de la Renta. The sales tax is also cheaper, and no one is rushing to post their SCP selfies on Instagram. Fashion Island is a dream mall, and their NM blows BH out of the water. I would highly encourage any luxury shopper who is serious about shopping and not interested in tourist destinations to visit one or both malls!

I'm a bit late, but I'm throwing in some LA opinions.

The fact that this is now an upscale mall is hilarious to me. This is where we'd go on the weekends when I was in middle school. Highlights included Wet Seal, Forever 21, and Claire's. But it's definitely a luxury shopping location now!

Has the stores. Does not have the world's greatest parking. I don't know anyone who shops here unless they really want Oscar de la Renta. See below for my thoughts on that.

The one in BH? I don't think it's quite what it used to be. It's fine, but I certainly wouldn't make a destination out of it. More thoughts on NM below.

Rodeo Drive has just about every designer you could possibly want, and it's definitely a must-see on a first trip to LA. However, it's also a massive tourist trap, full of influencers taking photos for their posts. And there have been crime issues in the last few years (although things are considerably better now).

The one in BH is going to be amazing when it reopens next week.

The thing that isn't mentioned here (but I alluded to it above) is that, while not in LA proper, Orange County has two amazing malls. South Coast Plaza has everything Rodeo has, plus Oscar de la Renta. The sales tax is also cheaper, and no one is rushing to post their SCP selfies on Instagram. Fashion Island is a dream mall, and their NM blows BH out of the water. I would highly encourage any luxury shopper who is serious about shopping and not interested in tourist destinations to visit one or both malls!
NM in fashion island was better when they had VCA. 😞

I also wish Saks at SCP can up their game a bit. Their selection of products could be better, although it’s probably because you can just get things from individual boutiques in the mall itself. I love Bloomingdales at SCP though!