What are the best places for luxury shopping in the World's best cities?

New York - I would add SOHO to the list as a place to visit. You still have the usual selections of Chanel, LV etc but the overall vibe is just ‘cool’ and more boutiquey than uptown. The LV store for example has wood finishings vs the shiny glass store on 57th. Both nice, just different energy. It also has various designer popups such as Moncler, Hermes, and Pharrell‘s latest. Photo credit robbreport. Plus the dining options! The meatpacking district is next door again so much easier after a day of shopping than heading back uptown. Highly recommend Cipprianis soho for dinner.
Bling place

Paris - Printemps

NYC - Hudson Yards

Not sure if Boston would qualify to be on this list (tho I do love Boston!), but if so, Newbury Street and Copley Place.

Last edited:
Paris - Printemps

NYC - Hudson Yards

Not sure if Boston would qualify to be on this list (tho I do love Boston!), but if so, Newbury Street and Copley Place.
Is Hudson Yards on the same tier as Brookfield Place, Madison Avenue, and Fifth Avenue? Thx

Same question for Printemps, is it on the same tier as Avenue George V, Avenue Montaigne, Champs-Élysées, Galeries Lafayette, Le Bon Marché, Place Vendôme, Rue Saint-Honoré, and Rue du Faubourg Saint-Honoré? Thx

Is Hudson Yards on the same tier as Brookfield Place, Madison Avenue, and Fifth Avenue? Thx

Same question for Printemps, is it on the same tier as Avenue George V, Avenue Montaigne, Champs-Élysées, Galeries Lafayette, Le Bon Marché, Place Vendôme, Rue Saint-Honoré, and Rue du Faubourg Saint-Honoré? Thx
Printemps (Haussmann) and Galeries Lafayette (Haussmann) have basically the same selection of designers, and are located next to one another.

I haven’t been to Brookfield Place, but Hudson Yards offers some great shopping in a mall setting. Bvlgari, Cartier, Dior, Fendi, IWC Schaffhausen, LV, Panerai and Piaget are some of the stores on the directory.

Printemps (Haussmann) and Galeries Lafayette (Haussmann) have basically the same selection of designers, and are located next to one another.

I haven’t been to Brookfield Place, but Hudson Yards offers some great shopping in a mall setting. Bvlgari, Cartier, Dior, Fendi, IWC Schaffhausen, LV, Panerai and Piaget are some of the stores on the directory.
I visited Hudson Yards when it was just opened and there was still certain areas of the residential buildings under construction. I remember it was cold and windy so the indoor mall setting was definitely a nice reprieve from the elements. Doesn’t it have hard wood floors or something? Very spacious especially for Manhattan standards where square footage is a premium. Definite felt clean, stylish, modern and high end. I especially really felt safe shopping there. There was a spanish eatery around the corner owned by Jose Andre’s. While the food was good, the counter service (it is mostly self served market place style) was excruciating slow and a very hard to find seating. Aside from the restaurants, I didn’t feel like there were a lot of active shoppers though. The funnel like structure in the middle of the plaza looked cool. My experience was a few years ago so I hope they ironed out the kinks by now. I heard they are having trouble selling the condo units and difficulty drawing people to this neighbourhood. I hope that is not the case. It showed so much promise.

Interesting.

Updated

Thx for all your input. Some new ones were added and some old ones were removed. These are the cities I'm interested in. You can post cities you're interested in. Are any of these small stores? I'm gonna remove them in the next update.

(1) Barcelona:
i. Passeig de Gràcia

(2) Berlin:
i. Friedrichstraße
ii. KaDeWe
iii. Kurfürstendamm

(3) Budapest:
i. Andrássy út

(4) Dubai:
i. Dubai Mall
ii. Mall of the Emirates

(5) Las Vegas:
i. The Forum Shops at Caesars Palace
ii. The Shops At Crystals
iii. Wynn Esplanade
iv. Via Bellagio

(6) London:
i. Bond Street
ii. Harrods
iii. Liberty
iv. Savile Row
v. Selfridges
vi. Sloane Street

(7) Los Angeles:
i. Beverly Centre
ii. Melrose Place
iii. Neiman Marcus
iv. Rodeo Drive
v. Saks Fifth Avenue

(8) Miami:
i. Aventura Mall
ii. Bal Harbour Shops
iii. Brickell City Centre
iv. Miami Design District

(9) Milan:
i. Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II
ii. Quadrilatero della Moda

(10) New York City:
i. Bergdorf Goodman
ii. Fifth Avenue
iii. Hudson Yards
iv. Madison Avenue
v. Saks Fifth Avenue
vi. SoHo

(11) Paris:
i. Avenue George V
ii. Avenue Montaigne
iii. Champs-Élysées
iv. Galeries Lafayette
v. Le Bon Marché
vi. Place Vendôme
vii. Printemps
viii. Rue du Faubourg Saint-Honoré

(12) Prague:
i. Pařížská Street

(13) Singapore:
i. Orchard Road
ii. The Shoppes at Marina Bay Sands

(14) Stockholm:
i. Bibliotekstan
ii. Nordiska Kompaniet
iii. Sturegallerian

(15) Tokyo:
i. Ginza
ii. Ginza Six
iii. Isetan Shinjuku
iv. Takashimaya Shinjuku

(16) Zürich:
i. Bahnhofstrasse
ii. Grieder

New York - I would add SOHO to the list as a place to visit. You still have the usual selections of Chanel, LV etc but the overall vibe is just ‘cool’ and more boutiquey than uptown. The LV store for example has wood finishings vs the shiny glass store on 57th. Both nice, just different energy. It also has various designer popups such as Moncler, Hermes, and Pharrell‘s latest. Photo credit robbreport. Plus the dining options! The meatpacking district is next door again so much easier after a day of shopping than heading back uptown. Highly recommend Cipprianis soho for dinner.
Are SoHo stores small?