Went to NM yesterday & fondled bbags..lol (08 version)

wooa, I feel really lucky that my BG(or light magenta from your post:P) has smooshy and thick leather after reading your report(thank you for taking the time and posting it btw) Here's a pic of the leather(the one on the rear) Hopefully there are more nice leather ones out there!

Attachments

• BGDay41.jpg
    BGDay41.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 67
This concurs with what my husband said. He actually went to shop for '08 bbags for me on a recent business trip ( major brownie points for effort :love:) but came back empty handed, because he said I wouldn't like the leather on the ones he saw, which he described as 'dry and crunchy'. I think I'd best shop for the '08's myself in person, as there seems to be a big variation in the leather in individual bags.

I personally like the thickness of the 05 leather, which I think was thinner than the 07 leather. The 08 leather was weird - it's like, I couldn't tell if it's thick or thin because it was so damn hard... it's weird - a totally different animal than what I associate bbags with... I can't really explain it. :confused1: A different type of leather is the best way to describe it. It's just not the same leather.

Me too, ITA with the above comment! I didn't think that my 07SS Anthras(City and Work)were that much heavier than my 05's, but definitely heavier than my oldies....and my 07FW Sienna Work is substantially heavier than any of my bags! Yes, the leather is thick and smooshy, but a lot heavier than anything else....

To me, all the leathers from 01 up to 05 are all good in their own way(01 soft smooshy, 02 soft and silky, 03 soft, thin, durable and a little distressed, 04 super soft and silky but a little fragile, 05 wrinkly, thicker and smooshy), and after that it gets slightly iffy...like you have to pick and choose. But the 08's just seem...um, flat? I dunno, so the bags were a lot harder than 07's? This is SO interesting...

I agree, the SA at Barneys brought out like 5 different pale magenta cities, I really had my heart set on one... Even he said that the leather was kind of dry and wrinkly. He did say maybe the next batch would be better. It's funny, they had a lot of the magenta, but just a few pieces of some of the other new colors... I guess others agree, they don't look like they're selling!

Merrhy Christmas everyone!