Went to H for a Globetrotter refill, and... (reveal)

Hermesreveal_15.jpg

Lovely new picotin + giddy smile on the face of the owner of the new picotin = A GREAT REVEAL. Congrats and enjoy!!

Thank you all so much for letting me share my delight. I did not expect to come home with something so wonderful. Really and truly. I have my Amazonia Garden Party, and all my nice H accouterments, but was heretofore happy to indulge my addiction with scarves and such. But when I asked the SA to show me the GM Blue Jean Picotin, "just to see what it felt like" it was as if some unstoppable force was unleashed from within me. :P

He said, "I've got other colours in the back, would you like me to show you?" and I couldn't very well refuse, now, could I?

A few minutes later, he came back with four boxes, and I started sweating. First was a PM in Gold Togo, which was cute, but not my cup of tea. Then there was an MM of the lock version in that same new Rouge I was talking about earlier (expert help here?). Lovely, but I was unsure about the lock after some of the discussions here. And another Blue Jean, this time in a PM size. Lastly, he pulled out my precious. As my jaw fell to the floor when I saw the orange and parchement two-tone, he slyly added, "They won't be making this colourway again, I can assure you."

Stick a fork in me, I'm done. I had to call my DH and remind him that I'd never gotten a 25th wedding anniversary gift, so now was as good a time as any, right? :supacool:

Thanks again, this was so much fun. :yahoo:

Now I have to fill it up with my stuff. :biggrin:

Last edited:
that's a very unique combo...lucky girl! congratulations!

do I spy a cape cod on your wrist? I think we might be cape cod twins...:flowers:

Yes, indeed! It's my Double Tour GM in Rouge Chamonix (thanks for the ID, flossyfigaro) that I got about five years ago. I'm quite tall (5'9") so I like a bigger watch. It's perfect for me.

congrats cakeymakeybakey! that's a really cute bag, and the color contrast is amazing - add more character to the picotin.....and i love the happy giddy look you have - i'm sure we all look like that everytime we open an orange box, but your pics captured it all beautifully!

Here she is, girls. My new Picotin MM in Potiron and Parchemin Taurillon Clemence.

Hermesreveal_15.jpg

I can't believe my good fortune. My favorite color is orange, and I've been lusting for a Picotin ever since Piaffe's Picotin Party.

This is a real two-tone gorgeousness! I love the color combo. Congrats on this wonderful purchase!