Well, my little poor dentelle

Sorry to hear about your ordeal. This is the EXACT reason I REFUSE to do ebay business outside the USA, once it's out of the country, you are at the mercy of the foreign postal service....and I can only IMAGINE what it's like there in the middle east..........

Oh goodness what an awful situation!
I've sold lots of stuff on eBay (no LV but collectibles etc) and I use a canceled check type organizer that I have sorted by months. I put all my postal receipts in the months slots - I've always thrown out after 6 months but might keep even longer. I also ALWAYS add delivery confirmation even if they pay or not - I've been burned with people telling PayPal they didn't get their item so learned the hard way about having a tracking number!
sigh it sucks that there are a few cheats and liars - I do believe in karma though so they'll get it back someday.

All of this sounds a little "fishy" to me. I am a police officer and this doesn't sound like "normal" procedure. I'm just wondering if she knows the person that made the call to you.
If I were you I would get in touch with Ebay and local authorities and get more information before you refund anything!! They can't just come over and arrest you..they have no jurisdiction.
Good luck!

Maybe you should consider your options here but be aware if you do decide to go down the legal route it could cost more than the bag

Also print out your ebay listing (did you state shipping fees?) and your receipt from paypal of payment without shipping costs (you did use paypal right?), plus any emails you have from the buyer
Also get a statement from bank/credit card etc to show that you paid the postal service around the approx. date of sale. Maybe you can speak to the police or interpol yourself and tell them what evidence you have.

Good luck whatever you decide to do that is a painful lesson to learn the hard way

To be honest, I wouldn't let the person get away with it. They didn't pay for shipping, and that was part of the price of the item; therefore they did not pay the full amount for the item and you have no responsibility to send it to them. Check EBay's rules. Technically, the whole case wouldn't hold up in court. I wouldn't pay ANYTHING just yet. But that's just me....

Well yes, but in that case the seller also couldn't just keep the buyer's money (if the seller went with the argument that bag didn't have to be sent yet), KWIM? She would have to eventually refund the paid part so tthe seller would be out of the money anyway (and in reality, the bag too).

Aw this sucks :sad:

so sorry to hear this. and i also would refuse to do business in countries like this. i recently came across an auction where the seller refused to ship any item to a large number of countries due to unpredictable service. now i understand why.

honestly, i wouldn't trust the buyer. since there was no delivery confirmation, how do you know she didn't receive the bag? maybe she did and now a few months later SHE is scamming YOU, saying she didn't get it (while she may very well could have) and is claiming the opposite and demanding her money back. i would not be surprised if this was the case.

I'm extremely suspicious of this buyer- why didn't she send out some alarms at the 2 month point?
Anyway, a big hug to you, I know you're nervous but keep your head up. Perhaps some sort of idea will come to you.

I am so sorry this happened to you, hugzzzz! I totally agree with vuittonamour... I'm sure that person received the shipment, but one day just decided to claim the money back in order to make money for him/herself. Don't do anything just yet! Contact ebay and do some research first, maybe some important missing info will come up in the process that may be helpful.

Best of luck and I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you! :heart: