welcome harbor city

:nuts:

I only saw the bag from pics, and never would I have imagined that it would be so big IRL! It looks FAB! And I'm just amazed that it would hold a MacBook.

Although, can it carry the weight of the MacBook without strain? Or is it just the proportion of the bag that makes it fit easily? I'm still looking for something to house my MacBook in, and this would be perfect if it could take the weight :shame:

I'm another one who will be changing the insides of my BVs to canvas once my suede linings get too grubby. I think the stores can arrange to have the bags sent back to Vicenza to get the linings changed for a fee.

I have seen one in ferro and it was so beautiful. That was the limited edition Harbor City Bag with a metal plate inside. Very nice and it holds a ton, but the price........about $4500!! Kind of discouraging. Enjoy your bag.

claus and nymph- although the macbook fits inside the bag, i don't know if it could handle the weight on a regular basis. i put it inside to give claus and idea as to size. it is goat skin so it may be able to handle the weight i just couldn't verify that. perhaps they could at the boutique.

nwpurselover, armcandyaddict, bookermoose, mystilleto, sgaotw and dolphingirl- thank you all. glad you like the bag.
i want to change the lining mostly because i don't like the feeling of suede. i'll let you know how it comes out if i ever have it done.
also the limited edition bag was very expensive but this one was much more reasonable especially on sale.
thank you all again, you're terrific.

Congrats annie!!! This is a gorgeous bag. I liked it when it first came out as the LE Habour City commemorative bag. Is this black? The fact that it is goat makes it more hardy and special.

attachment.php

hovercraftier- thanks for the good wishes. the center isn't studded it is just a detailing. don't know exactly how else to describe it.

I know, after I posted it I thought "I shouldn't have written studs, it's not really studded, it's how they do the weaving to make a point" but I figured you'd know what I mean. I like the detail down the middle, whatever it's called!

Beautiful bag, annie, congratulations!! Gosh, everytime I come here I see new-to-me style purses/accessories that make me admire BV more and more.

Annie 9999,it's a beautiful bag. I thought it looked vaguely familiar and sure enough there's a brown one on BF's site...but that one doesn't show a shoulder strap or list it in the description. It's a stunning style. Wear it in good health!

I know, after I posted it I thought "I shouldn't have written studs, it's not really studded, it's how they do the weaving to make a point" but I figured you'd know what I mean. I like the detail down the middle, whatever it's called!

I know exactly what you mean - I couldn't figure out what it was just from pictures of bags that had it, until I saw a striped Montaigne IRL and then I understood that it is where they switch from weaving a leather stip upwards to weaving it back downward - and so the strip sort of comes to a point where it turns the corner.