Weirdest, most random item in your purse?

Every so often a lemon, and sometimes various kiddies' stuff (mind you, they are 16 & 18 yrs old...) I too always carry a penknife, a carbon-blade Opinel (medium-size) - not so much for self-defence, more for feeding opportunities. (Once I unofficially won an oyster-opening contest with it, while the other contestants toiled away in silly chainmail gloves and with special oyster-knives... You can't beat a good Opinel! :yes:)

Packets of silica desiccant. When I find them in food packages, I wipe them down and throw them into my purses to keep moisture away.

I don't have any other weird things except for the kids toys -- the stuttering giraffe and the hot pink plastic paratrooper are the weirdest.

Giiiiiiirl, in my 20s I was a professional and semi professional dancer for about a dozen years. The things dancers keep in THEIR bags... random for sure but all very useful and at some point could be critically necessary.

Dental floss in particular jumps to mind. For sewing elastics and ribbons, of course. Much stronger than standard thread and easy to thread a needle with! :P
My teacher told us about that! What I have is the Bunheads Stitch Kit, the thread is similar to dental floss, but European pink so it blends in well.

Omg I know, my dance bag is like a bottomless pit of crap. I have all of my shoes in it, because I lose them easily, lol. And textbooks, along with more stuff. At least I got my shoe bag in the mail today, so I can keep all of my pointe stuff together!

The weirdest thing I carry in my bag is a mini Peugeot pepper grinder filled with my favorite peppercorns because I am that picky about my pepper even when I'm eating out! :P

It has a carrying pouch so I don't have to worry about a mess in my purse, but I wouldn't leave home without it! :nogood:

The weirdest thing I carry in my bag is a mini Peugeot pepper grinder filled with my favorite peppercorns because I am that picky about my pepper even when I'm eating out! :P

It has a carrying pouch so I don't have to worry about a mess in my purse, but I wouldn't leave home without it! :nogood:

You mean that carrying a pepper grinder is weird? :smile: I used to carry a pepper grinder in my purse but I was sick of carrying it around. Now I keep it in my glove compartment so I can just stick it in my bag if I'm going somewhere. I have another one in my desk drawer at work. This is the one I have (just a little too big and heavy for routine carrying in my handbags):

http://www.crateandbarrel.com/family.aspx?c=855&f=13237

Every so often a lemon, and sometimes various kiddies' stuff (mind you, they are 16 & 18 yrs old...) I too always carry a penknife, a carbon-blade Opinel (medium-size) - not so much for self-defence, more for feeding opportunities. (Once I unofficially won an oyster-opening contest with it, while the other contestants toiled away in silly chainmail gloves and with special oyster-knives... You can't beat a good Opinel! :yes:)
me too I have 4 kids 12,16,16(step) and 18 and Im always finding their stuff in my bags, I found a pack of crackers a bag of gummy bears and a pair of socks yesterday:confused1:

I carry a few strange things every day, every purse, like my miniature Ganesha (Hindu elephant headed god) and my raven stone (raven is my totem, and I have one carved into a flat stone). They go everywhere with me, always.

I carry a Ganesha too! It is the tiniest one I have ever found (size of my fingernail). He rides in my wallet at all times. I also carry a practically EVERYTHING in my purse. I always end up needing something like dramamine, sissors, tums or a dozen other random things so I ended up with an entire makeup bag full of meds and other useful things. I also usually carry a book and my camera which is a huge DSLR. Not weird but people have called me Felix the Cat with the random things I pull out of my bag. Needless to say I need HUGE bags!

I get plastic cutlery fairly often. It's odd.

Fortune cookies.

Dog doo doo bags (not used, of course!). I hate it when I forget about the scented blue freebie ones at the park. My whole purse smells like it!

I :heart: this thread!!

I carry mostly yawn-inducing stuff but I do have a little packet of fuchsia and orange confetti (my all-time favorite color combo) from a Shakira concert that I went to a few years back. Great show!

Oh, yeah...and I also sometimes find bits of lamb rawhide in there (my dog is allergic to beef) from the drive to work (my pup goes to work with me sometimes, and he is a purse fan).

I used to be a Nanny, and my friends always give me a hard time about what I carry until..... they need the Neosporin,Swiss army knife,kleenix,calculator,balloons, shout wipes, WD40 etc......

You mean that carrying a pepper grinder is weird? :smile: I used to carry a pepper grinder in my purse but I was sick of carrying it around. Now I keep it in my glove compartment so I can just stick it in my bag if I'm going somewhere. I have another one in my desk drawer at work. This is the one I have (just a little too big and heavy for routine carrying in my handbags):

http://www.crateandbarrel.com/family.aspx?c=855&f=13237

Well THAT makes more sense! :tup: Even though it's not a full size pepper mill, it still adds a bit of weight for something I don't use every day. Great idea...thanks!

And I love the Crate & Barrel set....nice!