Does your LV canvas bag smell?

There's a thread on Bag Odor. Thread is called something like that. Bags from a particular year tended to smell in closed (like a car) warm (sunny) quarters. Mainly fixed by sending bag to Paris thru boutique and getting them to make a replacement.

Reactions: ssicaa
There's a thread on Bag Odor. Thread is called something like that. Bags from a particular year tended to smell in closed (like a car) warm (sunny) quarters. Mainly fixed by sending bag to Paris thru boutique and getting them to make a replacement.

Thank you! Do I need anything when I go to the boutique to send it? (like a receipt, etc)? Does it cost anything?

Had anyone else noticed the new bags don’t have that traditional LV smell? I love the old smell, but my lady three LV bags (on the go just got here) smells more like chemicals and not pleasant something else…. It makes me sad . I sent a speedy b30 back because the smell was too chemically. Just me??

Reactions: BirdieK
Had anyone else noticed the new bags don’t have that traditional LV smell? I love the old smell, but my lady three LV bags (on the go just got here) smells more like chemicals and not pleasant something else…. It makes me sad . I sent a speedy b30 back because the smell was too chemically. Just me??
No, it's not just you. Two of the bags that I've bought this year have had a very strong, unpleasant chemical smell. One was a monogram speedy 30b, the other an empreinte leather bag. I sent both back, but not because of the smell (the empreinte bag was too small, and the vachetta was bad on the speedy). The other bags and SLGs that I got were fine though...

Reactions: mandaron
If you aren't happy just send it back. The smell (whether it's the smell you like or don't like) isn't going to be there forever, as you use it, the bag will air out and smell like the environment it's in anyway.

Reactions: Loriad
I searched multiple times before posting this for an already open thread so I didn’t get yelled at by xx rude comment removed.

I hope you don't think I was yelling at you. I am not sure what you said, but I only shared my post from 10 years ago since I thought it was interesting that the yummy smell comes and goes!

I saw it on another thread that her canvas bag smells bad. Not the leather smell. So I took out my Trunk clutch and smelled it. It was stinky. I had to go really close to the bag to get that stinky smelling. The inside of the bag was the worst. I smelled all my other LV canvas bags, no issues at all. Only the Trunk Clutch smells bad.

Anyone else is having this issue like me? My Trunk Clutch was purchased in 2008. Someone said that it was the glue LV used on the bag from that time which caused the smell. Any insights? Most importantly, how to get rid of the smell?

I had a DE key pouch and its dust bag were all smelled stink. I tried some odors / moisture absorption packages inside the key pouch with zip open, let it air out. Hang both pouch and the dust bag on the hanger. It will be gone for a week but the smell will come back slowly. I don’t know why. My other bags/ pouch never had this smell. I couldn’t stand it to put it in my bag so I sold it. It was brand new.

I have a DA pochette and DA Rosalie coin purse from 2019 that I did not wear for about 1 year due to COVID. When I took them out of my closet I noticed a bad smell especially on the inside of both. I put silica packs in them and opened the zippers and the smell has improved. It has not totally gone away though.

My other LV bag and slg’s that are older and stored the same way have no odor. I am wondering if this is a known problem?

I bought a DA Felicie last year and never get a chance to use it, couple weeks ago I just took it out and found there’s a weird smell particularly inside the bag… searched online and seems a lot of LV canvas bags have this same issue but not sure how to get rid of it…