Food Wegmans

Deborahsue I live in Rochester as well! I also love Wegmans, I grew up with it, and I miss it when I'm visiting a city that doesn't have one. Their customer service is unbeatable, and the quality is great. They basically have everything you need. One of the stores near my house even has vallet parking.

^^^ It's like a combination of Whole Foods/Trader Joe and the nicest, poshest mainstream supermarket you can think of. They have an amazing bakery, seafood, veggie, fresh meat and prepared food sections. There's a coffee shop and a place to buy small home decor items. They even have FREE babysitting while you shop! :amazed:

Wegman's is the best. we go grocery shopping there and i load up on stuff: soda, canned goods, waffles, milk, bread, etc....i think they are just as good as, maybe even better, than the famous name brands out there. oh, and get their eclairs and choc chip cookies....mmmmmm...i'm drooling all over my desktop as we speak.....

Wegmans is FABULOUS!

Though a little more expensive than a Walmart or Tops, it's just fun to shop in there, especially for specialty foods, wine, international foods, etc. ^^

Who ever though window shopping at a grocery store could be fun? lol

There is a Wegmans about 2 miles from my house. It's been open for over 4 years now and it's definitely the best place to shop for groceries in my area. The everyday prices are reasonable, even better than most of the other grocery chains. The store is always clean and most of the employees are helpful with good attitudes.

Many of the Wegmans brand products are great. Specifically, I think the Wegmans Vanilla ice cream and Fudge Bars are better than all of the other brands I've tried. The same is true for canned solid white albacore tuna - better quality than the famous brands. The bakery is fabulous, especially the bread. There is a huge selection of fruits and vegetables. I could go on and on, but you get the idea. The only time I go to other grocery stores now is to stock up when they have super deals.

^^^ It's like a combination of Whole Foods/Trader Joe and the nicest, poshest mainstream supermarket you can think of. They have an amazing bakery, seafood, veggie, fresh meat and prepared food sections. There's a coffee shop and a place to buy small home decor items. They even have FREE babysitting while you shop! :amazed:

That sounds so nice! Wow. I wish there was one where I live!

Wegman's is amazing..I am actually sitting in my nearly empty apartment in Syracuse now, I am moving tomorrow, and the only thing I will miss (besides the italian food) is..wegman's!!!LOVE the coffee bar, the sushi, the subs..

I live in Rochester, where Wegman's started. The flagship store is about three miles away from my house. There are now about 70 stores -- upstate New York, New Jersey and they are expanding into northern Virginia. Having had Wegman's all these years has been partial compensation for living in this grey climate. Wegmans is always pushing the envelope. For example they entered into a partnership with a fishery in Canada to have farm raised King salmon where they totally controlled the environment and can still sell it for less than wild salmon. They have an incredible array of fish, cheese, incredible produce and fresh baked multi grain breads of several varieties. Rochester is not the most stimulating place to live, but have Wegmans, plus and an outstanding athletic club, (both nearby) plus a lot of good music (Eastman school), are some of the compensations . . .

Deborahsue & Coach, me too! Been going to Weggie's since the late 70s/early 80s (??) and it was just as good then if I remember.

Wegman's does a TON for the local communities too. When I was in high school in the 80s, many of my friends worked there as checkers/baggers/stockers because Wegman's gave out college scholarships to college students who had worked at least a year there while in high school.:yes:

Wegman's expanded throughout that area of upstate NY and was well-known and beloved to all of my college friends in Ithaca, NY (many were from downstate NY/tri-state area) so they brought the love back there after college.

I've since moved far away from the region but every time I come back to visit family or for college reunions, I *always* make a stop in to literally drooooool (the Pittsford, NY store is AMAZING :nuts:). It simply is an amazing supermarket that can't be beat anywhere else in the country.

I also think Wegman's makes the "top places to work" lists in national rankings such as the Forbes list. They treat employees very well, and also support their local communities.

I'm so glad to learn Wegman's is expanding throughout the northeast. :woohoo:

Enjoy it girls & guys!!! :tup: