Wedding shoes - any suggestions?

Can someone help me, I really want these Manolo Blahnik Sederaby shoes for my wedding, but I dont know where I can get them, I called up Manolo Blahniks shop in London and they said they dont sell the same shoe after each season so wouldnt sell them anymore. Does anyone know where I could get them? It doesnt have to be in the UK as I have friends that can get them in the US for me. Please help x:sweatdrop:

Hi Morgancathryn, :smile:

They often come up on Ebay so its well worth keeping your eye out on there. What colour were you looking for and what is your size, so that if we come across any, we can let you know.

Hi,

Thanks for the help. I am a size 4 and would like them in silver. The only thing Im worried about with Ebay is that as they are quite a lot of money, how do you know they are the real thing? I suppose you just have to take a chance dont you?

If you do see any, then it would be great if you could let me know.

Many Thanks
Cathryn

One thing to consider when buying your shoes are the slipage factor. I assume most of you will probably be dancing on your wedding day, not to mention just walking around a lot, and you don't want to slip, you want to feel beautiful AND comfortable in your shoes. If you find a pair of shoes that you LOVE, you could always go to a shoe repair store and ask if they can put a rubber backing on them or something so you have no chance of slipping. Just an idea!

My sister just got married in September. Her fix for the shoes was pretty little flip flops for all the girls in the wedding. Not the normal rubber flip flops, but pretty little things from Girl Two Doors Down. She had a pair of white, and the rest of us had black to match our dresses. We all had floor length dresses on so no one was the wiser, and not one of us had feet issues by the end of the night.

I can't agree more with the Sedaraby comments. I planned to wear Manolos to my wedding but happened upon some white mink sandals at Fenaroli and they were as fabulous as true wedding shoes get. If cost is no object, Caovilla does have some amazing silver ones I saw at Saks recently!

Hi Morgancathryn, :smile:

They often come up on Ebay so its well worth keeping your eye out on there. What colour were you looking for and what is your size, so that if we come across any, we can let you know.

That's a great tip chloe-babe - helpful to me too! Thank goodness I'm not a size 4 like Morgancathryn...LOL...than we'd be looking for the same shoe! :P

Are Manolos pretty true to size? Cuz then I think I'm looking for a 5.5...

But now I have a new question...those of you bought designer shoes as your wedding shoes, do you wear them now? Or are they in a box to be preserved? My fiance and sister think I shouldn't get an expensive pair of shoes because I should preserve them...I'm not sure where I stand on that one...what do you ladies think??? :shrugs:

Hi,

Thanks for the help. I am a size 4 and would like them in silver. The only thing Im worried about with Ebay is that as they are quite a lot of money, how do you know they are the real thing? I suppose you just have to take a chance dont you?

If you do see any, then it would be great if you could let me know.

Many Thanks
Cathryn

yeah, i had to end up getting them on ebay from a super sweet PF member!- but manolo NYC has them! i called them up to ask - but it was really really expensive if you live outside the US - if you know some one in NYC who can get it for you - i would definately suggest going that route. as for authenticity on ebay - most times they're authentic - just ask for lots of pictures, look at feedback etc. you can even do searches on the forum b/c i think some other members had that same concern.

i also found that the shoes actually run big! i'm usually and 8 sometimes even an 8.5 - but i got 7.5 and they fit like a glove- i just love:love: them sooo much. if i were ever lucky enough to get married, i def wouldn't preserve them. they're too nice! i want to enjoy them! beside the dress and veil would be preserved, you don't necessarily have to preserve the shoes, do you?

The Sedarabys are gorgeous, but I've seen them sell for way over retail on ebay.

If I was to get married any time soon, I'd opt for a pair of silver Louboutin Fiorellinos. I think Christina Aguilera wore these for her wedding?

Although I have no intention of getting married any time soon, I might swap up a pair of these if I come across them in my size, just to be prepared :P

img.jpg

pic: ebay.

I just came across these Louboutins on ebay, in case you're more into getting a pair of pumps with pointy toes.

The ad description says they're 'nude'.

img.jpg

Also, I don't think I would preserve my wedding shoes unless I went for a classic pair of white satin pumps, that wouldn't go with anything else. If you're already preserving the dress, I think that will do. Wear the shoes out and show them off, that's what they're for ;)

keya - Thanks for the Louboutin suggestions! I really like the Fiorellinos!!! Will have to check those out IRL...gorgeous!!!!!!!!

creighbaby - I've never heard of Hoolywould, but I checked out the website - very pretty shoes!!! Unfortunately, I'm in Canada, so it'd be hard for me to see the shoes IRL before buying them...*sigh*...sometimes I really wish I was in the US!!!