Wearing Red Dress to a Wedding? What do you think?

I have never heard not to wear red to a wedding. I see people in red at weddings all the time. At least three female guests wore red to my wedding. The only thing I've heard you shouldn't wear is white.

I have also never heard of consulting the Bride on what you should wear. If the bride cares what color you wear she sounds like one of those neurotic over-planning brides you hear about.

No one can upstage the bride on a wedding day.

Well, it's a very formal dress. And a rather bright red, too. I would think twice about it. Personally, I'd save it for a black-tie event instead...maybe a symphony gala or ballet opening night, or New Year's. :smile:

I would say the dress is perfectly appropriate for a formal evening ceremony and I would not ask the bride...its not like you are in the wedding party is it? Why would she care what you wear? REally silly if you ask me...wear what you like and what looks good on you. I can not begin to tell you the colors at my huge wedding...and I did not care what anyone else was wearing as long as it was not white.