weak sad nails

guccimamma

guccimamma
Aug 8, 2006
i have the most pathetic nails, they tear from the side..if they even get close to reaching the end of my fingertips. i alternate between gel nails, then go through the process of growing them out every once in a while.

any recommendations, i just don't have time for the nail salon right now.

i don't need long nails, i just don't want them to have the bitten look.

I am going polish-free for the past few months. I use a base coat and then polish but it really weakened my toenails. They are all ragged and yellow-like....will that work for that as well? ^^

GucciMama-I was having a similar problem and a friend recommended Prostrong. It is a kit you order for qvc and my nails are now healthy and beautiful. I only use clear. I do not have long nails, just healthy, well-groomed.

GucciMama-I was having a similar problem and a friend recommended Prostrong. It is a kit you order for qvc and my nails are now healthy and beautiful. I only use clear. I do not have long nails, just healthy, well-groomed.

I have heard nothing but good things about the prostrong kit. I've seen it on qvc, but I don't really have a problem w/ my nails. I just wonder how wonderful my nails might be if I try it anyway.

i have the same thing... and the woman who does my nails told me to take a peice of garlic and ruub it across the edge of my nials.. then have ashower ( for the smell) and apparently it really helps

anothe friend of mine swears by soaking nails in olive oil 3 times a week
havent tried either but thought i would share

I am going polish-free for the past few months. I use a base coat and then polish but it really weakened my toenails. They are all ragged and yellow-like....will that work for that as well? ^^

Going polish free is definitely a good idea. There is no end of drying ingredients in nail polish.

Also take a skin, hair and nails vitamin (GNC makes a good one) and supplement with lots of extra biotin (Puritan's Pride makes a 5000 mcg one). I'm willing to bet you'll have rock hard nails in a matter of weeks if you take these two vitamin supplements. Plus your skin and hair will thank you!

Worked for me.

Jarrow brand Bio-Sil also gets rave reviews.

Also take a skin, hair and nails vitamin (GNC makes a good one) and supplement with lots of extra biotin (Puritan's Pride makes a 5000 mcg one). I'm willing to bet you'll have rock hard nails in a matter of weeks if you take these two vitamin supplements. Plus your skin and hair will thank you!

Worked for me.

Jarrow brand Bio-Sil also gets rave reviews.

ITA i had no nails and started my vitamins , now my are nails perfect

Groan! I know the feeling! I thad my acrylics removed 2+ months ago and my new nails are bumpy. They are growing out slowly, I am keeping them pretty short until they are somewhat healthy again.

I will never get acrylics again!:cursing: