We Love Clemence Wallet Club

I just had a terrible experience today and need you all to tell me if I'm overreacting. So I went to the LV store today to check out the Clemence wallet IRL and my SA was with a customer so another SA helped me. Well, did you all know that the ones that are Made in USA no longer have the stamp Made in USA on it? Like completely gone. Only the ones that are made in France or Spain will have the stamp but if it is made in USA it won't say it anymore?

So I was a bit thrown off so I said wow...that's different. The SA said some pieces are like that now. I was still registering and she said are you buying it or not? I was like um...I don't like how it doesn't have the made in USA stamp anymore. She said, other people seems to be fine with it. I said I just don't like it. She said, you know what Date Code is? It'll tell you where and when it's made. I said I know what date code is. I just don't like the look of it without saying Made in USA. She said that's how all the clemence are now. Unless it is made in Spain or France, it won't have the made in USA stamp. So I waved to my SA and my SA smiled and waved back and I walked out.

Am I overreacting that she was kinda rude because I didn't know they made these changes? I just bought a pochette nm - MIF, a ZCP - MIF, a 6 key holder - MIF so how do I know if it is MIUSA it doesn't even have to stamp? I might call and order it online instead.

I just had a terrible experience today and need you all to tell me if I'm overreacting. So I went to the LV store today to check out the Clemence wallet IRL and my SA was with a customer so another SA helped me. Well, did you all know that the ones that are Made in USA no longer have the stamp Made in USA on it? Like completely gone. Only the ones that are made in France or Spain will have the stamp but if it is made in USA it won't say it anymore?

So I was a bit thrown off so I said wow...that's different. The SA said some pieces are like that now. I was still registering and she said are you buying it or not? I was like um...I don't like how it doesn't have the made in USA stamp anymore. She said, other people seems to be fine with it. I said I just don't like it. She said, you know what Date Code is? It'll tell you where and when it's made. I said I know what date code is. I just don't like the look of it without saying Made in USA. She said that's how all the clemence are now. Unless it is made in Spain or France, it won't have the made in USA stamp. So I waved to my SA and my SA smiled and waved back and I walked out.

Am I overreacting that she was kinda rude because I didn't know they made these changes? I just bought a pochette nm - MIF, a ZCP - MIF, a 6 key holder - MIF so how do I know if it is MIUSA it doesn't even have to stamp? I might call and order it online instead.

It never mattered to me where mine was made so I wouldn't care but if it's something that you don't like maybe you should look into a different style Wallet that has the style stamp you prefer. If you are picky I suggest you ask your SA to find one that you want. Ordering online you may get another made in USA with no stamp.

It never mattered to me where mine was made so I wouldn't care but if it's something that you don't like maybe you should look into a different style Wallet that has the style stamp you prefer. If you are picky I suggest you ask your SA to find one that you want. Ordering online you may get another made in USA with no stamp.

I called client services and they said the same thing. There's no more stamp on this particular clemence wallet so I called my SA and see if she can track one down for me. If not, I'll have to take your advice and find a different style wallet. Thanks for your input. Maybe I am way too picky.

Reactions: uhpharm01
I hope somebody here can help me out. I really like the Clemence wallet but my two most used bags are quite small. I was wondering if the Clemence wallet fits comfortably in an old medium Boy or a classic flap M/L. Specifically I'd like to know if the zipper scratches the side of the bag as you re taking the wallet in and out. Judging from the dimension it seems a little tight. I've seen the Clemence wallet IRL but at the time I didnt have the two purses with me. If you dont mind taking a picture of how the wallet fits inside of those two bags, I would really appreciate it [emoji4] TIA!!

Ahhhhhh I missed my UPS guy yesterday and now I'm waiting for them to redeliver my clemence wallet and my heart is so excited and pounding when I hear my neighbors come home thinking that's them! I'm losing my mind but this feeling is ridiculous! I should not be this excited over a LV delivery over a wallet! Hahahahaha!!

Just got my clemence in fuchsia and I was soooo excited until I saw this stitching. I've been using LV for the last 21 years and the quality is not the same. Maybe I'm picky but knowing I paid so much for this does not make me proud when I'm using it. It will bother me. I guess I'll continue to use my Epi ZCP until I find something I absolutely love or when I go to the LV boutique to get the clemence in person. Disappointed.

Attachments

• 2017-04-04 16.46.23.jpg
    2017-04-04 16.46.23.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 1,709
  • 20170404_161920.jpg
    20170404_161920.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 1,722
Reactions: LV LUXX QUEEN
Just got my clemence in fuchsia and I was soooo excited until I saw this stitching. I've been using LV for the last 21 years and the quality is not the same. Maybe I'm picky but knowing I paid so much for this does not make me proud when I'm using it. It will bother me. I guess I'll continue to use my Epi ZCP until I find something I absolutely love or when I go to the LV boutique to get the clemence in person. Disappointed.
I have the same double stitch on my wallet - in fact on all of the wallets I've ever had - and it's a result of the craftsperson 'sealing' the stitching so that it doesn't come undone. I personally would have a problem if there was some serious backtracking, but in this case it legitimately has a reason for being there just as some bags like the NF have that overlapping of the top trim.

Reactions: HandbagDiva354