Watermark your bBag pictures!!

The watermarking is a good idea but I hate when I look at pics on you know where and the bag has their watermarked name in huge letters all across the whole bag...it's very irritating to be seeing more of the name then the bag itself so we should all keep that in mind when doing so...

I've had my watermarked pics stolen before, and more than once too! And that person actually stole watermarked pics from a few sellers, so when you check out all his auctions, all of them show different sellers' watermarks!! lol....

Thank you for the heads up. I suggest to write your tPF username on a piece of paper then just include that piece of paper to your bbags whenever you are to take pictures. Sometimes people can be very good with Photoshop and that watermark can be easily edited. If a piece of paper with your username is in the picture, there is no easy way to edit it, even with Photoshop.

EXCELLENT idea, thanks. :okay:

EXCELLENT idea, thanks. :okay:

That's what I do when I sell my stuff. Here's an example:
(I hope its okay to post this picture, this item is sold anyway. Mods, if its a violation of Bbag forum rules please delete it)

DSC03759.jpg

Thank you for the heads up. I suggest to write your tPF username on a piece of paper then just include that piece of paper to your bbags whenever you are to take pictures. Sometimes people can be very good with Photoshop and that watermark can be easily edited. If a piece of paper with your username is in the picture, there is no easy way to edit it, even with Photoshop.

Thanks for the great idea!! I really hate those low life scammers!!

Yes...watermarking is an excellent idea, but I'm glad we are also looking out for each other on Ebay as well. I had my auction pictures hijacked for the one and only Bbag I have ever sold on Ebay. I had no clue until a very nice person sent me a PM about it. ALL of my pictures were watermarked and they were still stolen!! :cursing:

This is a good idea. I don't know how to watermark my pics but this sounds more effective anyway. I'll be doing this from now on and be on the lookout for any hijacked pics on that auction site!

Mods, maybe you could post a quick guide on how to watermark pictures in the "How to post photos" thread? Maybe that would help remind our members...

i AGREE on the watermarking. I didn't do it on a bordeaux twiggy that I listed about 2 3 months ago and now I see my pics on ebay RIGHT NOW! I can't believe it.

I do watermark now but have not for a recent list so I definitely will try the paper idea when I'm pushed for time. Its such a simple 'why didn't I think of that?' solution...

What does watermarking do for you if somebody is using your picture to sell an authentic bag??? Squat!!!
Unless your pictures are copyrighted you have no rights over them.
Somebody is been using my watermarked picture from the TPF Reference Library for a few weeks now and nothing happened when I reported it.

The listing that I reported 2 days ago.. that had my pictures up was actually taken down when I checked this morning... Thanks everyone for helping me report the LiL twit! :tup: