watches help lv or hermes

DH & I personally have Tag(s). Love the Carrera line. Close to 10 yrs now with no issues. Ours are all automatic so never have to go to back to the jewelry store for batteries:smile:

Wow.... 10 years... what do you mean you don't have to go back to change the battery? you need to back to change the oil! LOL! so i take it, it has never been serviced? is it worn daily?

Automatic not quartz watch, so no batteries needed. Never serviced. Worn almost daily.

Yeah mechanical watch don't need battery. But they still needs service. You're quite lucky it is almost 10 years an still keeping good time(?)

It is usually recommended to service your watch every 5 years to have it cleaned and lubricated and change worn out parts.

But yeah. Some people just leave it until it is not keeping time anymore (or other problem like short power reserve) then service it. The danger is that the oil usually dries out around 4-5 years times creating excessive wear and tear and debris inside the watch which creates further problem. But the danger with servicing is that you might get incompetent repair man/woman, creating all sorts of problems.

You knew about this right? Sometimes it surprises me how many people think that automatic (mechanical) watch is maintenance free. I take it many people don't read the manual...

My vote goes to what u like lol since both brands have nice watches.. I have a H Hour in alligator strap with diamonds from Hermes and te design is elegant and simple. LV watches are cool too with their movements more complex looking than Hermes

Yeah mechanical watch don't need battery. But they still needs service. You're quite lucky it is almost 10 years an still keeping good time(?)

It is usually recommended to service your watch every 5 years to have it cleaned and lubricated and change worn out parts.

But yeah. Some people just leave it until it is not keeping time anymore (or other problem like short power reserve) then service it. The danger is that the oil usually dries out around 4-5 years times creating excessive wear and tear and debris inside the watch which creates further problem. But the danger with servicing is that you might get incompetent repair man/woman, creating all sorts of problems.

You knew about this right? Sometimes it surprises me how many people think that automatic (mechanical) watch is maintenance free. I take it many people don't read the manual...

I just had my Rolex serviced.. I do it ever 6 years or so.. And yes it's VERY important to do the services.
On the other hand my Mom as had her Rolex over 20 years and has NEVER serviced it but it did have a BIG problem about 2 years ago. It started running very fast. So she went 18 years with no service and no problems.. But she still hasn't fixed it so who know how bad it's going to be when she finally send is out for repair..

Honestly, Rolex, LV, Hermes, Cartier, etc., are all high quality so you should just buy whichever one you like best.

A few months ago I struggled with the same decision. Watch snobs (yes, there are blogs!) look down on LV, Cartier, Chanel, etc., because they are "fashion" watches--but that is their only real criticism. Other than that, even the snobs admit they are well made, especially LV and Cartier. One advantage of LV over the other brands is that the LV watch waranty is 5 years instead of the 2 year waranty typical for Cartier, Rolex, etc.