Watch and bag for "black tie" event

scheurin

Jun 25, 2020
He there, have been invited to an extremely highly formal black tie event by Cartier. We will go together and are wondering what to wear. Okay for me a Tux / smoking is given and for her a long dark velvet cocktail dress.

For the watch (see picture; a first selection): Should she go with the Crash? For me I prefer the elegant Moser & Cie ... but that's not Cartier. Or better my purple custom Cintrée? Or should anyone go with the 100 year Cintrée? What do you think?

Jewelry: My 7 Loves + the Tiffany are set but how about the Panthère bracelet? Should she wear a dia JUC or one WG SM Love pavé? Rings: Panthère pavé is fine I would think.

Bag: None for me but what about a Trinity for her?

Being completely lost here, thank you for all advice :flowers:

Attachments

• 20240516_122430.jpg
    20240516_122430.jpg
    223 KB · Views: 176
  • panthere_sapphire.jpeg
    panthere_sapphire.jpeg
    128.2 KB · Views: 175
  • Bildschirmfoto 2024-05-18 um 10.33.59.jpg
    Bildschirmfoto 2024-05-18 um 10.33.59.jpg
    179.2 KB · Views: 174
Very exciting! I think for her, less is more will look the most elegant. But hard to refrain, right? The panthere is stunning of course so yes! Whichever watch looks the least flashy in my opinion (or none). I think the Trinity bag is a bit heavy. I would suggest a clutch myself. Have a blast and post a million photos 😍

Attachments

• IMG_1093.jpeg
    IMG_1093.jpeg
    72.7 KB · Views: 75
Very exciting! I think for her, less is more will look the most elegant. But hard to refrain, right? The panthere is stunning of course so yes! Whichever watch looks the least flashy in my opinion (or none). I think the Trinity bag is a bit heavy. I would suggest a clutch myself. Have a blast and post a million photos 😍
This clutch is stunning!
Or something similar from another brand. Definitely no bigger than clutch size for a formal event. Clutch should have either a dainty chain or no handle/strap at all.

Can she borrow/wear your Panthere bracelet? That would look stunning on its own as jewelry.

For you, would it be possible at all to match the watch with anything else you’re wearing? Watch? Belt? Shoes? Bow tie? That subtle match in color/tone would be noticeable and stunning!

Sounds fun!!!

Reactions: scheurin and Loriad
I absolutely adore these type of events. May I suggest this.

For you
Tuxedo of course
Bow tie (hand tied) in velvet to match the lady's gown
I wish you had a minimal WG black croc strap Tank
May I suggest not wearing all the 7 Loves for this occasion. Just my sincere advice.
The Panthère pave ring is a perfect match to mirror your partner.

For her
Cocktail velvet gown
Panthère pave Massai bracelet
Clutch with/ without chain, preferably by Cartier with Panthère head
Diamond stud earrings to accentuate the Massai bracelet sparkle.

Hope you don't mind my suggestions. I am sure you will be a stunning couple, have a lovely time!

Wow, thank you for these responses - we will consider them carefully. I also forgot that she also will wear a Cartier or Hermès scarf to complement her appearance.

The only problem I have with your great suggestions is that she needs to wear her glasses, her phone and her passport which won't fit in a clutch I fear. Any ideas here? Thank you so much indeed

We will purchase sth new as she doesn't have anything small yet. And - obviously - I also don't have anything usable other than some Hermès Birkins. Any ideas or links where to look? Thank you indeed.

Not sure what kind of phone you need to fit but I like the Bottega Veneta knot, which comes in a couple different sizes. They even have a velvet version currently available in a couple of pretty, fun colors (unsure of dress color).

Maybe a mini Dior style, especially if you can find something beaded. If there's a boutique you can go to, they sometimes have limited special pieces. Anything small in an exotic skin could work.

Valentino has some glitzy styles.

Judith Leiber more whimsical and not sure what would fit.

Bvlgari might have some mini styles that could work. I've seen beaded and while not a clutch, I like the bags with the gold plated snake top handle (though this might clash with panther "theme"). A cartier bag would be cool if there's something dressy enough, as it looks like what you sent in photo is unavailable.

I don't attend many black tie events so I'm not an expert by any means here, those are just the first few things that came to mind.

Let us know what you decide.

Crash is one of the most iconic and special watches of all time, never mind it's Carter. :loveeyes:

I don't like the Trinity unless she is wearing Trinity too. Does she have Hermes, Delvaux, BV etc? They have some beautiful evening bags. IMO, don't go with a rival jewellery brand

• Insightful
Reactions: 880 and scheurin
I thought of a few more to check out.....

Jimmy choo has many clutches and other small evening bags like the Callie in metallic and the Bon Bon in velvet or with crystal embellishment (also a new style that's satin with a velvet bow). The micro is ridiculous but there's another small size though probably won't fit a phone.

Valentino has a small bucket similar to bon bon and clutch with chain in with crystals too.

Givenchy 4g bag covered with strass crystals (could probably tuck chain inside)

Ysl also has a crystal mesh frame clutch.

Alexander McQueen has some fun embellished clutches but definitely on the edgier side.

Have fun deciding and please do share photos from the event!

Last edited: