Want to help me choose a gift?

laurenrr

O.G.
Apr 10, 2008
ok i am allowing myself one Coach bag for a gift to myself for christmas-trying to be good as i have definitely over bought in the past. i want it to be from the sale and something classic Coach, great quality, timeless etc. have narrowed it down to Saddle in heather grey, page 27 or Rogue shoulder bag. which should i get, and why? all opinions welcome.

Reactions: tealocean
All seem very nice choices. I think it depends on your style and the functionality you prefer. I have a saddle 23. It is a great classic but I find I don't use it very much as they are hard to get in and out of (narrow opening and flap opening) I do have the heather gray in the larger saddle bag which I love! It is much easier to navigate than the 23. I also have the whipstitch saddles with pebbled leather that are less stiff and easier to get in and out of IMO. I have a dinky 24 that I use more often as it seems to hold the same amount and much easier for me to get in and out of. I don't own a Page but have tried the style on and it is really nice. Some have complained the strap is not long enough or no way to adjust it? I have multiple Rogues but not a Rogue shoulder bag. Out of the 3 choices I would probably choose the Rogue shoulder bag or the larger saddle bag. Good luck deciding!

Reactions: laurenrr
thanks for your input, hmmm i didnt realize the saddle 23 was comparable to the dinky 24 in size (guess i shouldve read the dimensions!) i was thinking of adding a longer strap to the page if i decide on that one! thanks for your helpful response!

I have the page 27 and I used it for months. It hold everything I need it to hold-smaller wallet, sunglasses, keys, work badges and some other little minor things. It also has two slip sections (inside front and back) where I stuck coupons, receipts and other miscellaneous pieces of paper.
The shoulder strap is adjustable but it’s not long enough to crossbody.
Page 27 gets my vote.

Have you seen them all in person? I would highly recommend you make your decision after looking at them in person. My opinion would probably differ from others but I find the Page to have an awkward flap on it that I find annoying. I much prefer the saddle but I only have a Whipstitch Saddle which is the softer leather. I like the Rogues over the Rogue Shoulder Bag because I like having the handles. So I guess if I were to pick one solely on my own preference, I think I'd pick the Saddle.

Reactions: Tosa22 and laurenrr
i dont know how to multi quote, but thanks all, for your opinions. i live in wpg in canada and we do have a Coach boutique, but i dont think we get as nice a selection as the bigger cities. i have done a lot of research here on tpf and i really appreciate all of your helpful input. you've defnitely given me a few things to consider before making my choice! i am terrible at making decisions in general, so i love hearing what you all have to say :smile:

Reactions: tealocean
ok i am allowing myself one Coach bag for a gift to myself for christmas-trying to be good as i have definitely over bought in the past. i want it to be from the sale and something classic Coach, great quality, timeless etc. have narrowed it down to Saddle in heather grey, page 27 or Rogue shoulder bag. which should i get, and why? all opinions welcome.
I really like the rogue which sale rogue are you thinking

I really like the rogue which sale rogue are you thinking
i was thinking of the rogue shoulder bag in midnight navy/blk copper (i love the blk
copper hardware) OR the dusty rose rogue 25 with quilting and rivets

i see the heather grey saddle 23 sold out on cdn site, so would go with bordeaux or flax saddle 23

i am really bad at decision making

Last edited:
How fun! Have fun with this. Which colors are you looking for? I don't have any of those bags; so I'll just enjoy seeing which you choose. The only one I've seen up close in person is the saddle bag which was gorgeous glovetanned leather, but I don't enjoy using large flaps so that is not a bag for me. I am extremely enamored with the Page 27; so that would be my choice. At first I was concerned the opening would bother me, but I think I could deal with it. The leather on the Rogue looks so gorgeous in pictures. That's a bag I'm glad I've never seen in person so I don't know to want one. ;) Have fun!

I really like the sa
i was thinking of the rogue shoulder bag in midnight navy/blk copper (i love the blk
copper hardware) OR the dusty rose rogue 25 with quilting and rivets

i see the heather grey saddle 23 sold out on cdn site, so would go with bordeaux or flax saddle 23

i am really bad at decision making
Im terrible to lol but id got for the rogue 25 i think but i do really like the saddle and they are clearenceing that style i wonder if they because they are getting rid of it so id maybe go for that but the rogues are so nice so its tough!!

In regard to the annoying flap on the Page 27. This was the main reason I didn’t consider this bag at first. It wasn’t until I was in a store, saw it and touched it that I found the flap strap not to be annoying.
However I agree that if you can, go and check out the bags. Good look and happy shopping.

I am obsessed with my Page 27! The quality is top notch. I can see how the double flap opening could annoy some but it doesn’t annoy me. I love it! It fits a lot for the size. I also really like the strap length, it feels very comfortable but I am only about 5’4”

I am partial to the Rogues, but have you tried the shoulder bag style on? I had a hard time keeping it on my shoulder. If the Page 27 is on your radar, perhaps a Rogue 25 might fit the bill too? I have one in that size- the dark turquoise with rivets, and it is a really adorable bag.

ETA: I just happened to read you are also looking at the Rogue 25 in quilting with rivets, hahaha! That's what I get for not reading the entire thread :biggrin:

I really like my rogues and my page 27. My rogues all have the handles, and are regular size, so out of the options.... I vote for the page 27! it’s a great bag! The first time I looked ( quickly) at it I didn’t like it. But when I really looked at it, tried it on, couldn’t leave without it. Comfortable to carry, excellent leather, lots of details and lots of organization for the size. Great bag! Looking forward to hear what you choose!