Wake me with some H senses, PLEASE!

I get very passionate about certain things such as Maltese dogs... I have two and would never think of getting another breed.

that is a very good point. i have 2 seal point siamese as does my mother (1) and my brother (2). i grew up with siamese- specifically seal point (though i did have a blue point for 20 years who passed away a few years ago). i have had adopted mixed cats (i forget the term) and they have been wonderful too. but with a few exceptions the best cats i have ever had- the funniest, smartest, craziest and certainly loudest- have always been my seal points. and i will always always always have them and wouldn't dream of another breed. regardless of the fact that i am pretty allergic to them and i can't breathe in my own house. LOL.

thank you kallie girl. you gave me another way of looking at it. which is something i always love!

^^ I can understand that.

For me:

dog = Airedale Terrier

88438630@N00.jpg
SimpleEleganceAiredale_100_48.jpg
Airedale_Terrier.gif

When I see one out, I'm like some people are about celebrities.:lol:

You know, I think I may be a little different (or possibly exactly the same lol) from a lot of H TPFers. I went to art school, and considered myself an artist for most of my life. So I could fall in love with a lot of bags!

Seriously, every fashion house has at least one droolworthy, amazing bag. With history, in many cases! Look at LV... the Noe, the trunk luggage - breathtaking. And Gucci; their horsebit and bamboo were revolutionary, calling back to older, tighter times in need of fashion despite lack of materials. YSL has always been pivotal and Chanel, my God, Chanel with her 2.55 and quilting. Chloe is a newer handbag fashion house but their leathers helped bring hides back into focus. Fendi brought collecting and trends back into "classic" with conservative but still stylish new fabrics and structure. And Hermes, well it needs no introduction.

If I let myself even walk into another designers boutique I'd be done! You'd have to hide the plastic! Well, not seriously but given the time and means to get to KNOW most bags, I truly could fall in love.

But Hermes has spoken to me in whispers that rival thunder. Never in my life have I walked in a boutique and instantly wished I had whole days to walk mere meters. I could get lost in a colour, then find myself as I'm counting perfect, handmade stitches. The history melts away as I find myself actually smelling a handbag as if it were freshly tanned leather on the hide, and pretending I am 2 centimeters tall, running along the curves of her handles.

I have loved a lot of bags. Much like people, they all have very fine qualities when you examine them closely, and take the time to know them. But only one brand makes me feel 7 years old, completely enthralled with the way something looks, feels, and smells. The way a child will look at a leaf for 20 minutes, playing with it, finding every nuance and committing it to memory, I am the same with Hermes.

Will I buy another bag that isn't Hermes? Yes, of course. Does it make me feel 7 years old, in a field with bare feet and nothing to do but touch a leaf until I've decided how it's green must feel, or speak to me? No. So thats why I keep looking at Hermes. Because from the moment I pick them up, I want to remember them forever.

I wonder what would happen if Hermes had a constant surplus of inventory, reduced its prices in half and conducted sales twice a year.

I've had Hermes pieces for over 22 years(never a handbag), and I decided to invest because my dollar could save me at least 20%.

In the last 6 months, I've purchased 7 handbags, and every single one is worn with a very specific attitude(classy, sporty, bohemian, relaxed, sexy...)

I'm French, and I would never part with my Chanel pieces, including the jewelry(watch, rings), and their shades are absolutely magnificant. Of the seven handbags, 4 of these were Chanel.

I could never part with my LV carry on, and I'm still on the lookout for an old LV trunk to put in my living room to use as a coffee table.

I love my Balenciaga's, Valli's, Chanels, LV's, eventually my Birkin because I would never pass up such a good deal.

My jewelry makes my blood rush, and the only thing that entralls me still, that feels and smells great, are my 2 kids. The only thing that speaks to me without saying a single word are my DH's eyes.

I joined this forum for advise on different leathers. Point a la Ligne.

Diversity is the spice of life. Thank God for people like hlfinn.

Have to say...I love Hermes...and Bottega...and Chanel...and anything else that just speakes to me. I'm waiting on a custom croc...matte...congac...not any brand. Just a sweet SA that used to work at Hermes...branching out...

And of course...Golden Retrievers!!! Love them, they are crazy! And PERFECT...

This thread made me think about my marketing medical background. Most physicians can be grouped into either brand loyal or not and it really comes down to individual personalities. The same thing translates over to handbags and I bet we would see it in any of the subforums. some people just buy hermes, some chanel, some lv, etc...And then others mix it up. It probably extends into many areas of our lives. I, for example, am not completely brand loyal on handbags, scarves, jeans, toilet paper, cereal, peanut butter etc...In fact, I'm hard pressed to think of any brand in any category that I'm loyal to...probably just part of my fickle, impulsive personality.:confused1:
Bottom line is that we all just have to do what feels right to us... Yorelica, it sounds like your comfort zone is more in focusing on Hermes. Right on then, sister! Just do what feels good to you!:tup:

very well said rc. and very interesting point. funnily enough i am RIDICULOUSLY brand loyal:

toothpaste- colgate
soap- dove
soda- diet coke
peanut butter- skippy
toilet paper- charmin
water- poland springs

the list goes on and on. and yet for some reason i'm not with handbags. very interesting how these things work.

You know, I think I may be a little different (or possibly exactly the same lol) from a lot of H TPFers. I went to art school, and considered myself an artist for most of my life. So I could fall in love with a lot of bags!

Seriously, every fashion house has at least one droolworthy, amazing bag. With history, in many cases! Look at LV... the Noe, the trunk luggage - breathtaking. And Gucci; their horsebit and bamboo were revolutionary, calling back to older, tighter times in need of fashion despite lack of materials. YSL has always been pivotal and Chanel, my God, Chanel with her 2.55 and quilting. Chloe is a newer handbag fashion house but their leathers helped bring hides back into focus. Fendi brought collecting and trends back into "classic" with conservative but still stylish new fabrics and structure. And Hermes, well it needs no introduction.

If I let myself even walk into another designers boutique I'd be done! You'd have to hide the plastic! Well, not seriously but given the time and means to get to KNOW most bags, I truly could fall in love.

But Hermes has spoken to me in whispers that rival thunder. Never in my life have I walked in a boutique and instantly wished I had whole days to walk mere meters. I could get lost in a colour, then find myself as I'm counting perfect, handmade stitches. The history melts away as I find myself actually smelling a handbag as if it were freshly tanned leather on the hide, and pretending I am 2 centimeters tall, running along the curves of her handles.

I have loved a lot of bags. Much like people, they all have very fine qualities when you examine them closely, and take the time to know them. But only one brand makes me feel 7 years old, completely enthralled with the way something looks, feels, and smells. The way a child will look at a leaf for 20 minutes, playing with it, finding every nuance and committing it to memory, I am the same with Hermes.

Will I buy another bag that isn't Hermes? Yes, of course. Does it make me feel 7 years old, in a field with bare feet and nothing to do but touch a leaf until I've decided how it's green must feel, or speak to me? No. So thats why I keep looking at Hermes. Because from the moment I pick them up, I want to remember them forever.

Now Angelfish, you need to contact someone over at Hermes PR and discuss freelancing some copy for them! This is brill ^^^ and says it very well for me, too. It's all the crazy nuance and OTT absolute quality and design style and aesthetic that send me.

For example, I got caught in a rainstorm today wearing my raisin box HAC. I wiped off most of the raindrops when I got inside, but missed a few due to an emergency with a son. When I found the remaining wet spots, I panicked a little, wiped them down - but they had already welted up a bit - so I waited. An hour later - voila - gone.

I brought her downstairs to my home office so I could look at her while I cruised around - I've *never* owned any accessory but Hermes that made me want to stare at it for hours. It's crazy but true. :P

So that's where I am. But different things send different people. We should buy what makes us the happiest. So Yorelica, if that Gucci makes you happy, why, go get her, girl!

You gals brought up some amazing points I've never really thought about....:flowers:
I don't like to spice things up (I like the same food, same drink, same colors, same dogs, same everything everyday...hence my taste for handbags is the same).

While I can order a drink once or twice and (if its not what you love, you simply never order it again); but I shouldn't throw my money onto a bag like a drink. The magnitude is not really the same...

Rockerchic: you are right! I am going to stick with my comfort zone and TURN DOWN THAT BAG! Hehe...:heart:

Katel: H is too amazing isn't it?:angel: nothing else makes me as content...

What a beautifully written "Ode to Hermès"... I love it!!!:tender:

Oh Hlfinn, just thought of something that I am passionately brand loyal to--diet coke!! My sil works for pepsico and my hubby wanted to support her business over the holidays and bought pepsi. I was furious! Out he went for my precious diet coke!