waitlisting...is it a lie?

I just called practically all the LV stores opened and managed to score a silver, gold and violet heart coin purse. However I really wanted a red which is like impossible to find. I'm only keeping one the rest are going to be returned after V-day when my mom picks out what color she wants.

I just wanted to give everyone an update...I GOT MY GOLD HEART!! Chocograce helped me locate one. I think how much of a shame it is that someone on our forum has helped me more than a Louis Vuitton employee. It came from the AZ LV, I had it overnighted to me and got it today. It was well worth it! I also find it hysterical that my SA told me they were sold out Nationwide at the moment..I believed him!! I cant believe he would just lie instead taking a minute to locate one.

I know they are a lie haha...I got my LE bag since they "didnt feel like going thru the list." The manager said "if you come tomm its yours."

Plus last year I put my name down for the hearts and I was "First" too since I told them all about them and guess what when Feb 1st came around they were sold out. Its all a scam! LOL

I think for real hard to get items you have to have a relationship with your SA to get them.

I'm guessing the WL gets seriously abused! I was supposedly put on it by my supposedly awesome SA back in early january...no call from him nothing. I go in on Feb 1 and there are none left (they actually told me they didn't get any in- ya right!). Anyways long story short, I met a new SA and told her what I wanted and a few days later she calls me with 2 different color options for the heart! Still nothing from that first SA. I think the magic is all in the SA! :wlae:

I definitely think some SAs have more pull than others while some clients are more of a priority than others, so waitlisting early won't always guarantee that you will get something :yes:

I just wanted to give everyone an update...I GOT MY GOLD HEART!! Chocograce helped me locate one. I think how much of a shame it is that someone on our forum has helped me more than a Louis Vuitton employee. It came from the AZ LV, I had it overnighted to me and got it today. It was well worth it! I also find it hysterical that my SA told me they were sold out Nationwide at the moment..I believed him!! I cant believe he would just lie instead taking a minute to locate one.

Congrats, I am so happy you were able to find one! Enjoy!:heart:

I haven't had any bad experiences with WLs over the years but I have learned that if I really want something then I give my CC number to ensure I jump to the top of the list. It seems to be a common practice at our LVs out here. But I think with the WL it also depends on the relationship you have with your SA (it seems some are more motivated to build their customer relationships than others).

I don't think it's a lie. It really depends on your SA imo and whether or not you left your CC number with them. I decided that I want a trevi just last week but the SAs at the store told me people have been waitlisting since Nov 2007 but I got mine after three days of waitlisting. My SA is the assistant manager at the store. Not sure if her position had to do with anything but I'm guessing it can be a factor? I.e. maybe her clients have priorities over the others and the CC number bumped me up the list.

Thanks for tpf, I got to know the whole leaving CC number trick :biggrin: