Wait for HG patiently or get something at the interim?

Wait or Buy Now?

• Wait patiently for the HG, do not stray....

• Get Black Birkin Now while waiting

• Get Colorful Lindy Now while waiting

Results are only viewable after voting.
i vote for 'wait'. dont waste the money. i have been patiently waiting for my HG and I did not settle even H offered me another 40cm birkin in a different colour. Having said that, I did settle for the leather type.....HY knows well what I am saying....sigh!

I turned down several birkins while waiting for my HG bag. Little did I know there would be many others after that first. If you can afford it, a black birkin or kelly is a good choice. But if you need to save, wait for the GT. You can get others later.

I am really bad at waiting - esp for 8 months!! If you CAN afford both the Lindy and the Birkin I say go for it. The Lindy is such a different bag to the Birkin/Kelly - much more casual - so it is a bag you can use on occasions you don't want a Birkin/Kelly. But if you can't afford both and your SA phones next month to offer your HG, then definitely wait. Not much help really am I? :biggrin:

Well if you do have $$ to splurge for a lindy while waiting for your birkin, then GO for it. After all, it's two different styles and different colors. Personally i think i will always go for more than 1 bag....lol

footlocker, lulilu, flower71 - You all have so good will power, let's see whether I can try to resist & not crumble under the temptations! My tiny money tree is sufficient to get these bags but I feel so guilty and not sure whether I can justify buying both, sigh.....

Honestly I would wait for your HG and stay strong:smile:) I am in the same situation at the moment waiting for the call so my HG so still trying to be strong..... Good luck with your decision!! And sometimes HG's show up earlier than expected.

I would wait till your HG arrives and then, if you truly still miss a black Birkin, you can get a preowned one. there are so many black Birkin...

Wait for your HG and then see how you use it and how much you use your Chanel's. You've got a lot of bags! You may well end up selling some of your Chanel's and buying more Hermes - you won't know until your HG comes.

This is a LOt of money we're talking about! If you need to buy something, buy a scarf.

ok please dont shoot me but im so terrible at waiting i would GRAB the black birkin if i were you. if you have sufficient means to get both, and you definitely do not have to miss out on your HG if you get either a birkin or lindy, then go for it. between the lindy and birkin, i would actually get the birkin, as you mentioned that this is a preloved one, so even if you decide one day that you dont use it that much, you can always sell it off and you wont lose as much. also a black birkin is such a classic versatile piece!! u can use it on days when you are feeling lazy or to places where you know there is potential for stains on your bags like perhaps putting it on the grass on picnics?? ok not sure if i am putting this across well, I have both a gris t and a black, and i use the black way more than the gris t. i noticed a black scuff mark on the corner of my gris t after the second time i used it, whereas ive used the black dozens of times and nothing at all! or maybe its there but i just cant see it cos its black.

ok so in short.. i would get it! BUT only if you dont have to give up your HG if it does arrive in a months time if you get it, KWIM?

I would say buy everything but only if you're sure you want it... It just seems like you don't really want the black birkin (you kind of only want it cos of what you read here)... Are you sure you're not just succumbing to peer pressure?

steakfrite - I originally only planned to get 1 Hermes bag, ie. 30cm birkin in GT. However, as blusilv has put it aptly, GT is such a light color, I will have to be careful with use. I actually like Black bags since its so carefree/staple but Birkin is expensive (even if its pre-owned) and I'm not sure whether I should put more money on black bags since I already have 6 black Chanels!

Thanks everyone for voting! I am surprised most voted for me to wait since I thought most TPFers are great enablers! Lols! I really appreciate your sane & genuine advice :flowers:
Still trying very hard to stay strong and prudent.......will confess if my will power ever fails me......