Violated - I know i am not supposed to post this here but ..

I have had the same problem, living with my mother when I was younger we were burguled 5 times! And they always knew where to look or would get a specific item, we were made aware it was an inside job and worked out in the end it was my mothers friend! Things can be replaced, but I know if it is sentimental it is irriplaceable, but at least you were not hurt and in the end that is all that matters. I am soo sorry this happenend to you x

I am so sorry about this. Good thing is you and dh are safe. Im so sorry about your jewelry, i agree it was probally done for drug money so no hidden message about the earings, they just grabbed what they could have.

Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry to hear this. You must be feeling so violated. As you say the worst part is the the sentimentality of items that cannot replaced regardless of the monetary value. Someone suggested looking in pawn shops for missing pieces...not something that's nice to think about I know, but our family went through a similar experience when I was a teenager, and my father managed to recover some of my grandmother's jewellery this way.

Anyway, I really do feel for you and hope that with time you can feel safe in your own apartment again.

I am so sorry this happened to you!!!I think you have done whatever you can to prevent this happening again so try to move on and in so doing not let these guys victimize u further!!!!

So sorry to hear of this..... You have to believe that this is NOT personal but rather some scum bag who needed a fix. The good news is that you are safe.

You will be looking over your shouldar for a while but it will go away... Just be sure to breathe and keep it in perspective. It won't make up for the loss but you will see how strong you really are.

So sorry this happened to you! it happened to me once too and all my mom's jewelry that she was going to pass on to me and my sisters were gone. but on a brighter note, i am really glad that you are safe and nothing bad happened to you (and your cats).