Vintage reveal

SO lovely!!! Congratulations! I recently purchased a vintage box kelly from a Japanese vintage shop and it was in pristine condition! Enjoy your new goodies!

Reactions: MsCho
The black one looks so pretty! I hope you can find more information about it! It’s always nice to learn about vintage styles :nuts:

I did a Google search and apparently it just normally gets listed as “Cadena Lock (Kelly)” shoulder bag or something but I don’t know if that even is correct!

The black one looks so pretty! I hope you can find more information about it! It’s always nice to learn about vintage styles :nuts:

I did a Google search and apparently it just normally gets listed as “Cadena Lock (Kelly)” shoulder bag or something but I don’t know if that even is correct!

Thanks! Good to know I can search “Cadena Lock”. I’ve been trying to find out what the black one was called.

Thanks! Good to know I can search “Cadena Lock”. I’ve been trying to find out what the black one was called.

Yeah, mainly it’s from the handful of other postings calling it that, for example:
http://www.amorevintagejapan.com/fs/amorevintage/ao17265

But I really don't know if that's just how they listed it (since it's the name of the lock I believe) or if that's actually the style name. I also found one that listed one with 1981 as the year, so it's an early 80s style maybe? I wish there's a way to find all old H catalogs, I would love to read through them all!

Last edited:
Reactions: MsCho
Yeah, mainly it’s from the handful of other postings calling it that, for example:
http://www.amorevintagejapan.com/fs/amorevintage/ao17265

But I really don't know if that's just how they listed it (since it's the name of the lock I believe) or if that's actually the style name. I also found one that listed one with 1981 as the year, so it's an early 80s style maybe? I wish there's a way to find all old H catalogs, I would love to read through them all!
Someone replied in the identify forum and said she has one. She said it’s called the “Kelly Lock”. Now we know! :biggrin:

Reactions: momoc