Victoria matronly?

Classic bag, period. Nothing trendy about it, and if that's the definition of 'matronly' then it's matronly. I've seen it carried by women young and not-so-young, and in pop colors and neutrals, and it always looks the same - classic.

It's not a 'thrilling' bag, not one you're going to think makes you stand out in a crowd, but it gets the job done in classic, timeless, understated, beautiful way.

Did I mention it's classic? :biggrin:

I have a one in Gold Clemence and I love it; it's a very useful bag, especially for travel.
Agree, very functional for travel, mine is in Mykonos, I probably got more compliments for my Victoria from women and men of all ages and walks of life than any other bags I wear.

brilliant photos_ thank you for posting. Of course the bag itself is not matronly, but the person who carries it might be. I was thinking how the kelly used to be thought as old fashioned and the chanel classic was really matronly at one point. the bags did not change - but the association did.:cool:

Well said. Association is everything. When I first started collecting Hermes, the Kelly was considered a bag for middle-aged women and the Birkin was considered fresh and hip. It's done a full 180 from what I see on the action threads. It looks as if the Kelly has become the H bag of choice for the young and fashion forward.

brilliant photos_ thank you for posting. Of course the bag itself is not matronly, but the person who carries it might be. I was thinking how the kelly used to be thought as old fashioned and the chanel classic was really matronly at one point. the bags did not change - but the association did.:cool:

Perfectly stated ladysarah!:smile:

I do think that a bag with very simple lines looks best in a bright color and the elan is on my wish list at the moment.

sin vergüenza;26673806 said:
[/B]

Well said. Association is everything. When I first started collecting Hermes, the Kelly was considered a bag for middle-aged women and the Birkin was considered fresh and hip. It's done a full 180 from what I see on the action threads. It looks as if the Kelly has become the H bag of choice for the young and fashion forward.

Perfectly stated ladysarah!:smile:

I do think that a bag with very simple lines looks best in a bright color and the elan is on my wish list at the moment.

So glad you agree - I was looking for more victoria modeling shots, but couldn't find any. I have a plume which is sort of similar - I wonder if any ladies here have both and can compare...:smile: