Victoria matronly?

I think there are classic designs that never go out of style and this is certainly one of them. Probably 20 years ago the Kelly would have been considered matronly because it was associated with the 50's. However all those structured styles have returned (and never left as far as I was concerned). IMO, the Bal bags with the fringe and the frou frou are the type of bags that are associated with an era, and will look out of place in the next decade. The classic bags my not be "IN" in a certain year, but will never be out.

Not matronly. I got one in mustard and pops with a fun buzz. I take it around a lot and like squishing it between my arm and body because that's how it's meant to be. And no it doesn't slouch, because of its boxy shape it actually stands quite well.

I just saw Victoria in bamboo and turquoise on H.com Canada. Don't look matronly at all.

Possum, yours is gorgeous!

Attachments

• Victoria Bamboo.PNG
    Victoria Bamboo.PNG
    163.2 KB · Views: 514
  • Victoria Turquoise.PNG
    Victoria Turquoise.PNG
    168.8 KB · Views: 490
I don't think it is matronly but I do find that the bigger size on me is too large - like I'm carrying a travel bag. Possum's size, if I could ever find one, would be better on me (I am told the smaller size is hard to find now). I like the fact that it is under the radar, has a zipper, holds a lot and you can wear over your shoulder, on the crook of your arm or in your hands.

I am a huge fan of the Victoria. I don't see it as matronly at all. I put a purse organizer in mine (and most of my bags) which helps to keep the slouch to a minimum. The clemence leather is heavenly!

Some of my favorite celebs have carried a Victoria

Jennifer Garner

Kelly Rutherford

brilliant photos_ thank you for posting. Of course the bag itself is not matronly, but the person who carries it might be. I was thinking how the kelly used to be thought as old fashioned and the chanel classic was really matronly at one point. the bags did not change - but the association did.:cool:

Please don't hate me for asking this question, but do you consider the Victoria a more mature/matronly bag. I have never seen this bag in real life, but when I see it in pictures, I am drawn to it. I know it is in Clemence which will slouch, but does it get TOO slouchy over time and begin to look somewhat distorted. Does anyone have any regrets about purchasing this bag? Opinions please!

Thank you for starting this thread, as I've been asking myself the same question. It's nice to see the pictures of other members bags and hear other opinions about this under the radar bag.

You know to be honest, initially I thought the same.. until a good friend of mine got one and it looked so effortlessly chic and young on her. I would go for a bright color if you're worried about it being a "mature" bag. I use mine all the time now.

Classic bag, period. Nothing trendy about it, and if that's the definition of 'matronly' then it's matronly. I've seen it carried by women young and not-so-young, and in pop colors and neutrals, and it always looks the same - classic.

It's not a 'thrilling' bag, not one you're going to think makes you stand out in a crowd, but it gets the job done in classic, timeless, understated, beautiful way.

Did I mention it's classic? :biggrin:

I have a one in Gold Clemence and I love it; it's a very useful bag, especially for travel.

This thread comes just in time. Was wondering whether the bag looks more mature or understated, or heavy. Was considering this bag for traveling too with a laptop in it!
The purple and bamboo Victoria pics just prove otherwise that it can be interesting/eye catching too!

it has a simple aesthetic depending on whether you want to dress it up or down. and no, i don't find it matronly at all. with pop colors it becomes a playful bag. with neutrals it totally turns 180 and translates to chic.

anybody know what the strap drop is? thanks